Sr. Manager, Global Market Development - Human Identification
Employment Type: Full-Time
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Manager, Global Market Development - Human Identification will drive the development and execution of marketing programs to expand the use of DNA to solve and prevent crime, thereby helping to make communities safer across the globe. This dynamic manager will be a key member of the Human Identification Market Development team and will contribute to the overall growth of the business and the Applied Biosystems brand globally.
What will you do?
* Develop and execute go-to-market strategy to support new product commercialization including audience segmentation and messaging, product/portfolio positioning, creative concept development, and tactical execution.
* Collaborate with new product introduction teams as the marketing core team member, with a focus on innovation in automation, sample preparation and professional services, to enable increased efficiency across the HID workflow.
* Gather feedback/insights from market research, customers, product management, R & D and other counterparts, to identify new emerging applications trends, research areas or workflow opportunities.
* Create and curate content needed to help drive PR, awareness, demand, and conversion for forensic laboratory and law enforcement market segments, implementing across multiple channels, including digital, web, video and print.
* Work across multiple divisions to develop and execute integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs within the human identification portfolio.
* Act as a leader and liaison to internal and external partners--including key accounts/opinion leaders--maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing programs leading to revenue, improved customer intimacy, and growth.
* Develop a robust lead generation funnel and sales support tools and training to enable multiple sales channels. This includes development of scalable online training modules for global commercial teams and distributors.
* Support regional market development managers and commercial teams to build and execute engaging marketing programs within their regions.
* Find, nurture and maintain customer advocates / Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). Identify collaboration opportunities to drive application content development; leverage partners to champion our solutions. Develop and execute engaging marketing campaigns based on the results of customer collaborations; leverage partners to champion our solutions.
* Ensure alignment of marketing plans among Global Market Development, Product Management, Regional Market Development Partners, Commercial Leaders, and other stakeholders; partner with Product Management and Regional Marketing to develop and deliver sales training and support materials.
* Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
* Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel; this position will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
* Achieve financial and market goals for the HID portfolio. Perform detail analysis & routine reporting around business performance and segmentation.
* May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
* Bachelor's Degree Required
* Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, other life science, business, marketing or related degree is preferred
* 8+ years of experience in the life science industry; experience in Human Identification, CE and NGS technologies preferred.
* Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
* Experience with development of scalable online training modules desired.
* Self-starter and collaborative within project teams, and successful track record working in complex (matrixed) environments, including managing expectations of multiple stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to senior leadership and large audiences, as well as the creation of scientific content such as application notes or other scientific articles.
* Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects with strong attention to detail.
* Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders.
* Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
* Must be customer-centric and keenly aware of market trends and competition.
* Analytical and strategic thinking abilities; experience in analyzing and reporting on business trends.
* Desire to learn and work across multiple teams.
* Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic and international).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.