Sr. Category Manager - Plastics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Category Manager Global Procurement/Sourcing
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Category Manager, Global Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing a Category Strategy for a segment of the plastics category, with a focus on injection molded sub-category.
* Senior Category Manager for plastics, developing and Manages $150MM - $200MM in direct spend.
* Develops a category strategy to deliver performance in: Annual cost savings, supplier rationalization, spend under master agreement, supplier performance, supply chain risk management and new product introductions.
* Creates a multi-year productivity funnel that delivers 3-5% year over year net productivity.
* Selects & develops a strong supplier base to support multiple division strategies.
* Manages performance of suppliers via SBRs and scorecards.
* Works with Divisions, BU's and Sites to implement sourcing strategies.
* Is the primary contact for suppliers.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, or Life Sciences preferred.
* 7+ years' experience in sourcing preferred
* Minimum of 10 years supply chain or technical operations experience with increasing responsibility and experience in a large matrixed company environment.
* Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results
* Sets strategy and champions change within the organization
* General knowledge of basic Project Management Tools - project plans, timelines, risk assessments, etc. Project Management certification a plus.
* 6 Sigma/PPI training a plus.