Sr. Business Analyst - Data Platform
Employment Type: Full-Time
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Sr. Solutions Owner, based out of our Carlsbad, CA location, plays a key role in BI Delivery organization providing business continuity for critical business processes, IT systems and IT solutions through project implementations, enhancements and documentation. The Sr. Solutions Owner will be techno functional and work closely with business users to collect requirements and create scalable and optimum BI solutions. He / She is a creative thinker and able to visualize the hidden insights in data. The Sr. Solutions Owner will design, develop and implement solutions that will drive actionable insights.
How will you make an impact?
Being part of an organization that provides analytics driven data solutions for all businesses across Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be instrumental in helping our business partners and customers with their data and analytics needs.
What will you do?
* Own and deliver solutions for Analytical Instrument Group (AIG) business processes and data needs.
* Defining, designing and documenting reference architecture and leading the implementation of BI and analytical solutions.
* Collaborate with BI admins, developers and analysts for successful project delivery
* Develop security and authentication BI process for organization.
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve BI capacity issues related to BI tools.
* Brings experienced point of view on differing BI architectures and tool and develops solutions based on client use cases.
* Defines BI standards, guidelines and best practices for technical teams to achieve maximum efficiency.
* Supports in developing BI roadmap as per project prioritization and budget.
* Collaborate with DWH manager and data analysts to ensure data quality and integrity in DWH platforms for BI reporting.
* Ensure data quality and integrity before releasing to production.
* Proactively addresses scalability and performance issues.
* Mentors BI analysts on emerging BI tools.
* Build and enhance solutions using PySpark/EMR, SQL and databases, Oracle Golden Gate, AWS Athena, S3, Redshift, AWS API Gateway, Lambda, Glue and other Data Engineering technologies.
* Follow agile development methodologies to deliver solutions and product features by following DevOps practices.
How will you get here?
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or AS Degree with at least 7+ years of Solutions Ownership experience using AWS services in Big data platform.
* Full life cycle project implementation experience in AWS using PySpark/EMR, Athena, S3, Redshift, AWS API Gateway, Lambda, Glue and other managed services
* Experience using Jira for task prioritization and Confluence and other tools for documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* 5+ years working experience in delivering BI solutions.
* BS degree in CS, CE or related field.
* 2+ years of Experience building Cloud BI solutions using AWS and Azure as data lake backend sources and understanding of Tableau, Domo, Power BI as BI visualization tools
* Expert in SQL queries
* Knowledge of DWH concepts and ETL development.
* Experience installing, configuring and managing BI platforms
* Knowledge of API enhancements to BI Platform.
* Demonstrated experience in defining and designing KPI metrics.
* Strong hands on experience with BI tools like Domo, Business Objects, Power BI and Tableau
* Working knowledge of relational database design and data modeling.
* Experience with agile development methodologies by following DevOps, Data Ops and Dev Sec Ops practices.
* Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal and stakeholder communication skills.
* Ability to analyze trends associated with huge datasets.
* Ability to work with cross functional teams from multiple regions/ time zones by effectively leveraging multi-form communication (Email, MS Teams for voice and chat, meetings)
* Excellent prioritization and problem solving skills.