Senior Service Product Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
How will you make an impact?
The Service and Support Development Manager oversees the implementation and support for all assigned instruments. In this role, you will have direct, hands on experience with servicing and/or developing services for our current and future instrument portfolio for the Genetic Testing Solutions division.
What will you do?
* Develop a coordinated product support strategy to support the business and balance competing priorities/systems.
* Work closely with other departments to identify opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, improve internal and customer-facing processes, and grow service revenues across product portfolios.
* Ensure that best practices and priorities are adhered to and regularly reviewed.
* Support and develop new/legacy products with project teams to the high standard as established in the product commercialization process.
* Work with internal teams to rapidly establish root cause and resolve issues identified by the field
* Support internal Service teams, training and technical writers to ensure completion of all required project deliverables.
* Manage tactical and strategic decisions that impact Global Services and Business Partner portfolio management.
* Participate on integration related teams to efficiently onboard purchased technology
* Work with individual Service Development Managers, Quality, R&D, Compliance Service Managers, Product Marketing and Service Marketing to drive service metrics, develop strategies and prioritize action plans to reduce service costs and improve customer satisfaction.
* Ensure that product changes are communicated through to the field support groups as required.
* Review Engineer Change Orders, Manufacturing Change Orders, document change orders that are impacting supported products.
* Work with PM team to design and implement an obsolescence plan for all end-of-life instruments.
How will you get here?
* Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Life Sciences or Engineering preferred.
* Three to five years of experience working with complex instrumentation required
* Familiarity with the life science industry highly preferred.
* Experience as a support scientist or field engineer a plus
Experience Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Ability to create and understand effective business models to support new business development
* Strong customer focus and ability to clearly communicate technical information throughout the organization
* Prefer prior experience with bioscience products and instruments
* Experience with GMP, regulatory markets, or clinical environments a plus
* Ability to partner with, and plan projects to appropriate levels of details to achieve consensus among team members.