Senior Product Manager- Diagnostics, Platform
Employment Type: Full-Time
Preferred locations; San Fransisco or Carlsbad, CA but open to remote
We are a team of diverse and passionate individuals who believe in science.
We are committed to the cause of making the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.We offer a phenomenal team environment in which every individual thrives and has an opportunity to realize career aspirations.
We are looking to strengthen our team with a Senior Product Manager for the diagnostic portfolio. This position plays a fundamental role in our group. The person will own the global diagnostic product strategy within the Capillary Electrophoresis Business Unit in the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The candidate will be owning and executing the product roadmap for diagnostics solutions and will significantly define future growth for the CE business. A critical aspect of the role is knowing diagnostic markets with specific regional regulatory demands and having experience and insights into customers' needs and requirements. You will influence and craft the development of the CE diagnostics portfolio from concept to commercialization, including market analysis, product definition, positioning, and pricing. In addition, you will handle the product portfolio life-cycle and on-market products while acting as the liaison between regional and BU teams to steer global teamwork. You will work with regional teams to develop the global go-to-market strategy for new products, including product positioning and pricing. The ideal candidate will have strong networking skills to collaborate with regional Key Opinion leaders to understand and anticipate future market trends.
* Develop and implement business strategy for the portfolio
* Build, lead, and supervise business plans and product roadmaps for diagnostic portfolio.
* Develop a detailed knowledge of the diagnostics customer segment, conduct market research, and assess the competitive landscape.
* Collaborate with the research Product Management team to develop requirements and transition plan from RUO to Dx products. Drive execution with regulatory, R&D, and operations teams.
* Understand, follow, and be accountable for the Product Commercialization Process (PCP) business aspects
* Work closely with market development teams on messaging and promotion while ensuring a high market adoption rate.
* Run total product life cycle, set the organizational cadence for retirement, refresh, or improve existing products.
* Analyze, interpret, and report market and channel trends and product sales activities to senior management or other business partners.
* Bachelor's degree in a scientific field ,MBA or Ph.D preferred.
* 5 years in Product Management focusing on diagnostic market segment
* Passion for science and want to advance health care globally
* Passionate about customers and solving their problems, and discovering unmet needs
* have the ability and passion for building relationships across different business functions and business unit
* Data driven, forward-thinking