Senior Data Science Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Data Science Analyst
Requisition ID: 155930BR
Location: US -Remote
What will you do?
Are you interested in shaping the future of data science at Thermo Fisher? The Senior Data Science Analyst is a highly visible, highly influential, and dynamic role. It is a great way to get into data science. The successful candidate will lead the reporting and analytics of our predictive marketing programs.
As the Senior Data Science Analyst, you will work directly with our team of data scientists to develop reporting on the performance and quality of our predictive models. You will develop a roadmap for report feature development, and build out automated reporting using Power BI. You will analyze model performance based on the reporting to make business recommendations to marketers and model improvement recommendations to data scientists.
NOTE: This is a reporting and analysis role and not a data scientist role. The successful candidate will have a broad background in business systems analysis, business intelligence tools, marketing analysis, theory of statistics, and presentation and project management skills. The role is ideal for someone who is passionate about data-driven process improvement, data architecture, and understands the statistical theory about how to measure model quality.
* Develop the vision and roadmap for data science reporting.
* Develop and maintain a business metrics dashboard that measures the business impact and model quality of our data science programs.
* Drive improvement of marketing processes through data visualization and continuous ad hoc analysis of business performance of data science program.
How will you get there?
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with a strong background in math, operations research, or statistics. MBA with a strong technical background is also acceptable.
* 6+ years of hands-on experience in business intelligence reporting and marketing analytfics.
* Deep experience in BI data architecture and relational database architecture concepts such as Star schema and Snowflake.
* Expertise with several leading data visualization tools, such as PowerBI and Excel.
* Experience with generating requirements and building a roadmap for development. Experience in project management and change management principles. Demonstrated initiative and tenacity to begin a project and complete it.
* Experience with enterprise data warehouses such as Oracle and AWS.
* Experience in marketing data systems such as web/digital (Adobe Analytics) and email (Silverpop, Eloqua, etc).
* Experience in commercial/CRM data such as Siebel or SFDC.
* 4+ years of experience in writing scripts to extract and manipulate data, using SQL, Python, and/or Data bricks for report automation.
* Strong graphics and visualization skills. Ability to convey message simply and advise on best possible graphics visualizations.
* Excellent communication skills. Ability to present executive summaries of actionable insights and recommendations to executives. Ability to lead process change projects.
* Demonstrated self-starter.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.