Scientist II - Cell Biology R&D
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Scientist II - Cell Biology R&D
Requisition ID: 148623BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Carlsbad, CA | Biosciences Division
How will you make an impact?
Be part of the genome engineering revolution. This scientist will develop tools and techniques to support genome engineering. This scientist will be expected to work in a highly collaborative team environment, supporting some projects with some supervision of a senior scientist and leading some projects independently. Projects may include, but not be limited to, cloning, developing gene editing strategies, and developing assays to monitor editing.
What will you do?
* Molecular biology: plasmid preparation, DNA/RNA extraction, subcloning, PCR and gene synthesis.
* Sanger and NGS (Ion-Torrent or illumine platform) sequencing: library sample preparation, data process and analysis
* Genome editing: CRISPR/Cas9 in vitro and in cell editing. On-target, HDR and off-target assay
* In vitro transcription: RNA and ssDNA synthesis
* Protein purification: HPLC and other column purification skill.
* Mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry assay: especially in T cell and iPSC.
* Data analysis: using excel, vector analysis tool, sequencing analysis tool
How will you get here?
* A master's degree with 2+ years of experience in cell biology
* A bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in cell biology
* Plasmid constructs, DNA/gene synthesis, cloning and amplification
* Genome editing using CRISPR/Cas9
* Primary cell culture, transfection, and flow cytometry (CAR T experience preferred)
* NGS (Ion-Torrent or Illumina) based sample preparation and analysis experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Data analysis, troubleshooting and suggesting alternatives
* Design and plan experiments independently
* Strong teamwork orientation with demonstrable influence/interpersonal skills
* Maintain a detailed lab notebook and present your findings in a group setting
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.