Product Manager, Genetic Testing Solutions
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Product Manager, Genetic Testing Solutions
Requisition ID: 159163BR
Location: US - Remote
What will you do?
Our Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) is at the forefront of innovation for genetic analysis research and clinical applications. The Genetic Testing Solutions Organization within GSD is a cross-platform organization designed to accelerate growth in the clinical space. The team is dedicated to working across all genetic analysis platforms with focus on high-growth opportunities - developing products/solutions for key applied clinical markets such as infectious disease, pharmacogenomics, public health and oncology. The portfolio and pipeline include both RUO and IVD products. The Product Manager will focus primarily on qPCR-based RUO products for clinical molecular testing, with an emphasis on our flagship mid-density platform, OpenArray. In this role, the Product Manager will collaborate closely with a broad set of supporting functions to ensure the continued growth of on-market products, drive infrastructure and customer experience improvements, and expand our portfolio through new product introductions.
Customer & Market Knowledge:
* Knowledge of molecular testing methods utilized in clinical applications and their strengths/differentiation relative to conventional diagnostics methods. Familiar with qPCR, CE, Microarray and NGS platforms, with in-depth knowledge of qPCR.
* Understands use cases and customer needs for qPCR-based testing across formats spanning low to medium density.
* Familiar with market dynamics for clinical molecular testing. The ideal candidate would have in-depth knowledge of the Infectious Disease and/or Pharmacogenomics testing space.
* Understands organizational requirements to design products/solutions, including IT and Manufacturing components.
* Strong execution - demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment; managing worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; updating and presenting business analysis regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams.
* Willingness to act, think outside the box and be a champion for the business; influence others without direct authority; take calculated risks, learn from set-backs and repeat; work collaboratively with other members of the product management, sales, marketing, R&D, and manufacturing teams.
* Ability to drive multi-year product strategy and roadmap, including analyzing market trends, customer requirements, competitive strategy, and identifying opportunities for increasing customer and business value through infrastructure improvements, product development, and innovation.
* Understanding of value propositions, how to leverage channel and engage customers, experience with adapting programs and strategies; Developing and presenting compelling training materials for sales teams, technical support and field application scientists.
* Drive growth for on-market products by acting as global product owner: support sales & marketing efforts, and drive initiatives to improve customer experience.
* Portfolio lifecycle management: Initiate and manage New Product Introductions and Discontinuation of legacy products.
* Work closely with IT, Manufacturing, QA, and Customer Care teams on Infrastructure projects to support our strategy.
* Define market trends, customer journeys, buying processes, customer needs and growth areas.
* Contribute to multi-year product strategy and roadmap. Develop business cases and collaborate with Platform, R&D, Medical and Business Development teams to assess, prioritize and develop content solutions.
* Ensure prioritization and tracking of product management activities. Accountable for delivering on key milestones for revenue and project timelines. Leverage metrics to monitor performance and guide decisions.
* Bachelor's degree required in science, engineering, businesses, or related field. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in product management with a focus on genetic analysis, preferably for clinical applications. Some of this experience can be in related customer-facing roles requiring deep product knowledge.
* Strong presence; capability to influence and promote enthusiasm via excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Experience and demonstrated aptitude managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization.
* Experience with qPCR in molecular testing applications. Familiarity with TaqMan product lines and OpenArray is a plus.
* Ability to travel up to 25%
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.