Product Application Scientist II, Cell and Gene Therapy
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Product Application Scientist II, Cell and Gene Therapy
How will you make an impact
You will do important work by supporting cell therapy process development.
What will you do?
This Workflow Application Specialist will be responsible for designing and executing process optimization, and developing integrated solutions and applications using closed automated systems to support cell therapy process development and clinical manufacturing, especially for CAR-T and TCR therapy workflow. This position will work collaboratively within the Cell and Gene Therapy team. This is a hands-on position with the candidate expected to spend at least 80% time at the bench.
* Develope new processes and procedures for human T cell therapy, including process scale-up/scale-out for isolation, activation, gene modification, expansion, harvest, formulation and fill/finish using automation and closed systems.
* Design and develop new consumables to fit automated workflow and customer needs.
* Execute analytical assays for in-process and final product analysis.
* Author and execute protocols, worksheets and/or SOPs.
* Collaborate with internal and external cell therpay functions.
* Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, business development, marketing, etc.
How will you get here?
* Experience in T cell therapy workflow is required. Experience with cell therapy automation instruments/platforms is highly preferred.
* Working experience in process development or manufacturing setting is highly desired.
* Experience in cell therapy analytical assays, including identity, purity and potency, is preferred.
* Flow cytometry experience, especially in multi-color staining and analysis.
* Experience in viral or non-viral genetic modification is preferred.
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment, meet deadlines, prioritize work across multiple projects.
* Self-starter with strong work ethic.
* Must have excellent organizational, attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
* Master degree in biological sciences with 1-3 years of relavant experience, preferably in industrial setting
* B.S. degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant industry experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.