Lead Engineering Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Sr. Engineering Technician, Electrical Engineering
Support engineers with assembly, prototype rework, and fixture assembly for new product development and sustaining projects. Includes responsibility for upkeep of certain lab space, tools, and supplies.
* Assemble E.E prototypes with general instructions from Engineer
* During build of prototypes, give manufacturability and PCBA BOM correction input to Engineer. Create complete assembly sequence instructions and make suggestions for tooling for ease of assembly.
* Set up and run mechanical tests with general instructions from Engineer
* Be proficient in AutoCAD to design cable drawings.
* Previous experience in the ECO process, using SW tools.
* Generate purchase requisitions to source parts, tools or supplies with general instructions from Engineer.
* Maintain certain lab and shop space in the spirit of 5S
* Keep lab tables, cabinets and shelving clean and organized.
* Analyze written specifications, engineering drawings, rough sketches, CAD models and verbal instructions to plan layout and determine sequence of operations for assembly of prototypes and test setups.
* Obtain part information and drawings by navigating and querying ERP and PLM applications
* Associates degree or equivalent from a college or technical school in electronics or electrical engineering
* 3 to 5 years of related experience
* Basic proficiency with MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD
* Expert level user of AutoCAD (preferred) or other CAD software
* Experience with SAP, Oracle, or Product Center
* Formal training in 5S
1. Assist the E.E R&D team in engineering R&D activities.
2. Build and test Test fixtures, bread-board prototypes, with minimal guidance from E.E.'s
2. Run the ECO process, maintain the Lab needs, interface and maintain Purchasing logs.
4. Be the owner of the DRY-LAB and it's maintenance (safety & day to day functionality)