Occupational Therapist, OT - Full Time - PACE Nemeth - El Cajon, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Currently seeking a Full-Time Occupational Therapist for PACE Nemeth Senior Service Program in El Cajon, CA!
Therapy Specialists is excited to announce a wonderful opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to be part of the team at PACE Nemeth, a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, in El Cajon, CA! This innovative program is for individuals 55 years or older, who are living with chronic illness or disability and need coordinated medical care to continue living as independently as possible in their home and community. The healthcare team at PACE provides a hands-on approach by coordinating medical, social, and home care services so individuals no longer need to manage their medical care alone.
We are seeking a Full-Time Occupational Therapist to work up to 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, for up to 8 hours a day between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM. Occupational Therapy services will be provided at PACE Nemeth and there will be occasional travel to Patient's homes and nearby sister facilities, as needed. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and adaptable to spearhead the Occupational Therapy department at PACE Nemeth and collaborate across disciplines regarding rehab interventions and the complexity of providing rehab services in current times.
* An active Occupational Therapist (OT) License in California.
* A minimum of 1 year of experience working in an Outpatient Setting is preferred, but applicable experience working in Skilled Nursing and Home Health will be considered. New Grads with applicable clinical experience are welcome to apply!
* Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word/Outlook and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMRs).
* Strong leadership, communication, and organization skills.
* Ability to self-direct, multi-task, attend to detail, and learn quickly.
* Personal Transportation is required.
* Spanish-speaking Bilingual Skills are preferred.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Screening, evaluating, and providing treatment to Patients at PACE Nemeth.
* Traveling to Patient's homes, as needed.
* Floating to nearby sister facilities, as needed.
* Completing all Assessments in a timely manner.
* Overseeing and directing COTA according to plan of care.
* Overseeing OT Caseload and updating care plans through progress notes.
* Completing thorough documentation in EMR System and managing paperwork efficiently with independence.
* Effectively communicating with the interdisciplinary team regarding goals and outcomes based on plan of care.
* Providing excellent customer service and patient care.
Why Therapy Specialists?
Founded in 1976 by Susan J. Harris, OTR, a nationally respected pioneer in rehab services and recipient of the 2018 OTAC Lifetime Achievement Award, Therapy Specialists is San Diego's largest independent therapy provider - providing comprehensive rehabilitation programs and consulting services to skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living communities, memory care facilities, adult day health, and outpatient settings throughout California.
We deliver our associates a culture of collaboration, support, opportunity and recognition, so they can reach their potential and deliver the best possible care to our patients and partners. We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and skilled Occupational Therapist who is interested in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of therapists and providing outstanding patient care.
* Highly competitive compensation package
* 401(k) plan
* State-of-the-art equipment
* 5-Time Award Recipient of 'Best Places to Work'
* Monthly awards for associates in recognition of their efforts in going 'above and beyond'
* Unparalleled reputation for best practices that meet today's healthcare challenges
Therapy Specialists supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Therapy Specialists is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Disability / Vets Employer.