Bilingual Licensed Vocational Nurse
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are:
We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on approach to philanthropy. The purpose of our work is to disrupt the cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of California through a relentless focus on the social determinants of health and an unwavering commitment to helping the region's children grow up with better opportunities than their parents had.
Our Central Valley Health & Wellness programs provide completely free comprehensive onsite healthcare to our employees and their families. Our educational programs reach students across 165 schools throughout the Central Valley, with world-class academic initiatives that support them every step of the way, from cradle to career. And our active involvement in the heart of our communities brings infrastructure investments and youth and adult programming that helps build a more vibrant and sustainable society.
But our philanthropic work also extends beyond the Central Valley. Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
What you will do & the impact you will have:
We are seeking a Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) to join our Central Valley health and wellness team. This Licensed Vocational Nurse position will be based at our Wellness Center in Lost Hills, CA, located within our processing and packaging facility.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse position will report directly to the RN Care Supervisor and will work in collaboration with the clinical team. This Licensed Vocational Nurse role will provide an incredible opportunity to build, develop and foster collaboration among a team that is evolving a new model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive impact on an underserved and vulnerable population.
* Supports providers in urgent care delivery by monitoring patient flow and assisting in the preparation of examination rooms, preparation of patients for an exam, and documentation of vital signs.
* Provides nursing services including administration of medications, immunizations, and injections to patients as directed by the providers; initiation of referrals to other providers and community health resources.
* Assists provider with examination and procedures as requested. Reassures and comforts patients who are apprehensive about pending examinations and treatment; provide health instruction to patients following examinations.
* Documents the patient's current medication list, including the name(s) of medications, dosages, frequency, duration, and start date. Assists providers with medication refill requests and completes pre-authorizations as needed.
* Performs phlebotomy, administers medications and treatment as prescribed through written Provider orders, and document procedures in patient's electronic medical records.
* Assists in dispensing of in-house pharmacy medications and managing medication and drug sample inventory.
* Evaluates the effectiveness of the care given by the interdisciplinary care team and identifies problems making timely recommendations for their solution.
* Monitors medical supply inventory and assists with restocking and ordering on weekly basis.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Current, valid California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
* 2 years of experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse preferred.
* Ability to communicate with patients in Spanish without the use of an interpreter/translator required
* Excellent communication skills at the level necessary for taking patients' medical histories, understanding provider and supervisor instructions, and for accurately documenting patients' medical information.
* Ability to effectively communicate with the patient population and staff while demonstrating a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
* Working knowledge of 'Universal Precautions' and demonstrated professionalism at all times
* Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
* Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by HIPAA.
* Culturally sensitive and demonstrated ability and effectiveness in working with ethnically diverse populations.
* Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to work on an as-needed basis in order to meet the operational needs of the clinic.
* This position is located in Lost Hills and will require travel to our Delano facility as well.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
Wonderful Center Health Innovation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Click here to view our Privacy Notice.