Senior Quality Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Walsh is currently seeking a Senior Quality Manager to join our Transportation Division.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are 'built to succeed' - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
* Challenging, complex projects
* Creative and innovative problem solving environment
* Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
* Opportunities for growth, training, and development
* Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
* Quality champion for a project or multiple projects. Responsible for the quality management duties including quality of the work, material management, documentation and close-out to ensure safe, quality, efficient, effective and profitable project execution.
* Coaches, mentors and trains entire project staff in quality management principles, procedures and project specific requirements. Services as a mentor and coach to Quality staff to advance their careers at Walsh and improve retention.
* Routinely audits project quality programs seeking continuous improvement utilizing Project QC Evaluation and other auditing tools. Provides feedback to Operations and Quality Management of major QIRs, project team relationships, owner/client perception and overall quality management recurring non-conformances.
* Responsible for leading and managing quality processes such as work planning, pre-activity meetings, material management, TQAs, QIRs, Lesson Sharing and follow up inspections.
* Establishes, monitors and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as QIRs for project teams to ensure continuous improvement. Analyzes project KPIs evaluating trends and provided improvement strategies.
* Directs inspection, testing and documentation of the work. Schedules inspection and testing with coordination between operations, consultants, material laboratories and Client.
* Creates and implements project specific inspection and test plans, quality control plans and other procedures as necessary. Suggests improvements to Company QMS and procedures to continuously improve Walsh's Quality Management.
* Supports new project start up, new project specification review, proposal write up and quality preconstruction planning.
* Responsible for risk management strategy that helps projects improve profitability by reducing risk and improving efficiency via process management and risk mitigation.
* Monitors project quality costs including resources while working to better as-bid budgets. Provides feedback to optimize project billing returns, risk reporting and testing accuracy, while protecting Walsh from claim exposure. Monitors and reports rework costs via QIR system.
* Maintains relationships with owners, clients, subcontractors, design partners and stakeholders to support project partnering and issue resolution.
* Coordinates with Safety Manager to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with established safety procedures, requirements and goals.
* Bachelor's degree in AEC program or equivalent related field experience with International Code Counsel, NICT, etc. Current certification required.
* USACE/NAVFAC/NRA Construction Quality Management certification preferred
* Minimum 10 years AEC experience with a minimum of 7 years QA/QC leadership
* 5+ years managing light rail transit project
* Experience overseeing systems integration and testing preferred
* Travel required within area or region served
* Excellent communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and ability to prioritize, organize and manage time
The Walsh Group offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Generous Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
* Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Commuter Benefits Program
* Maternity Leave Policy
* Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran