Senior Business Systems Analyst - SAP Payroll
Employment Type: Full-Time
Over 10 years of experience with SAP ECC 6.0 Payroll, and Retirement processes is desirable, as is experience with at least two (2) full lifecycle SAP implementations. Experience with the BSI application, and the interface between BSI and SAP is required. Experience with SAP HR integration, particularly in the Benefits Area is necessary. Additionally experience between SAP/Payroll and the SAP/Finance modules is required. Furthermore, experience with third-party interfaces using FTP,XML format and related workflow is a must. Experience in developing and leading the SAP Payroll year-end support pack changes is a primary role for this position. Experience with federal/state reporting requirements and the review of SAP Legal Change Packages (LCP) to determine impacts on system configuration is necessary. This position is also responsible for resolving SAP Payroll issues, including issues with interfaces and providing guidance to users according to business requirements. The position also develops Payroll Reports using SAP Query. This position is also responsible for providing end user training and assistance for User Acceptance Testing.
Experience with the Public-Sector is preferable.
Under direction, the Senior Business Systems Analyst leads and participates in the work of staff in performing applications support in designing, implementing, and maintaining VTA applications and systems including VTA's Enterprise Resource Planning system, Electronic Documents Management System, and other business systems.
This is the advanced journey-level in the Business Systems Analyst series. Positions at this level are distinguished from other classes in this series by the level of responsibility assumed, in-depth knowledge about the business area, and complexity of the duties assigned.The Senior Business Systems Analyst performs project lead functions including assigning work, delegating assignments, and reviewing the work of others.
Incumbents at this level perform the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes in this series including serving as project lead over staff responsible for designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting computer applications, or modules of the application, and systems. Incumbents at this level are fully trained in all procedures related to their assigned area of responsibility.This classification implements solutions related to applications used in VTA's functional areas with a strong emphasis on process and flow design, custom functionality, and maintaining systems.
Classification Bargaining Unit: SEIU Essential Job Functions
* Leads and participates in the work of staff in managing projects, developing and enhancing system applications for an assigned division;
* Establishes and maintains positive relationships, and works extensively with VTA Management, VTA Business Process Owners, and system Super Users in developing and enhancing information systems solutions;
* Trains customers, staff, and others as needed in a formal setting, in a group, or one-on-one;
* Administers a variety of actions to one or more modules of the Enterprise Resource Planning system (SAP), or Electronic Documents Management System (EDMS), or construction applications (such as Contract Manager, P6, Projectwise, Citicube, etc.) or other VTA applications or Reporting Services;
* Reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures, and identifies and resolves problems;
* Defines customer business needs, manages client expectations, and identifies alternative approaches and cost-benefits of automating of customer functions to assist in meeting the client's overall business goals;
* When assigned to a project, develops the scope of work for new or upgrade solutions and works with Contracts and Materials Management (CAMM) department during the Request for Proposal (RFP) and contracting phases of the process;
* Consults with customers to present proposals to senior management and assists in developing capital packages;
* Consults and facilitates with department representatives to solicit departmental technology needs and requirements as well as resolving problems with applications;
* Serves as a single point of contact for the user community in the assigned division, and assumes responsibility for the delivery of technology services;
* Maintains technical and functional competency in the applications utilized by the assigned department;
* Reviews, analyzes and approves program designs, operational characteristics, user interfaces, reporting systems and data conversion methods;
* Reduces design projects into component analytical tasks;
* Develops detailed workflow, system, training, and process requirements;
* Prepares final systems design and documentation and user documentation necessary for programming;
* Oversees the installation and updates of application packages, data base development tools, and other related elements;
* Defines and manages project scope, deliverables, schedules, cost estimates, and task lists;
* Performs development, review, and selection tasks related to Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications;
* Communicates project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes;
* Manages and tracks projects from initiation to successful completion;
* Establishes and maintains relationships at all levels of the assigned organization;
* Manages projects using VTA personnel, consultants, and vendors, as needed;
* Communicates with vendors of application software;
* May be required to monitors project expenditures, recommending adjustments as necessary;
* Performs related duties as required.
Sufficient training, education and experience to demonstrate possession of the required technical and project management knowledge, skills and abilities.
Development of the required knowledge, skills and abilities is typically obtained through a combination of training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a four-year degree in information systems, computer science or related field and four (4) years of responsible experience developing, designing, and/or maintaining major components of a comprehensive information system including evaluation, analysis and input to the software modules of an Enterprise Resource Planning System or other application system. (Additional applicable experience with applications and systems support, design, and maintenance substitutes for college on a year for year basis.) Incumbents must demonstrate substantial experience in an SAP environment, and/or Electronic Documents Management System, and/or Operations system (such as Trapeze, BDT, ACS) or Construction and CMP solutions.
A VTA employee designated as a 'Business Process Owner' and/or 'Super User' with four (4) years of experience in that capacity, in addition to performing and leading others in system upgrades and demonstrated technical coursework in SAP or systems used at VTA, meets the minimum qualifications for this classification. Experience with transit/transportation-related applications is desirable.
* Extensive knowledge of at least one and a basic understanding of other Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP) system modules (such as Funds Management, Materials Management, Projects, Systems, Finance), Reporting Services, Electronic Documents Management System and SharePoint, or Construction or CMP systems (such as Contract Management, Construction Scheduling, Document Management, Traffic Modeling, or Records Management);
* Systems analysis and design principles and procedures;
* Principles, potentials and limitations of electronic data processing equipment;
* Relational database design, implementation, maintenance and integration techniques to provide integrity, accuracy, security and performance efficiency;
* Project procurement process in the public sector;
* Management of vendors and consultants;
* Principles and practices of lead supervision and training;
* Computer programming, on-line programming, and programming documentation principles and techniques;
* Work planning and project management techniques.
* Evaluate processes proposed for business systems and enterprise systems modules, determine impact, and make decisions for recommended solutions and changes;
* Manage multiple projects involving personnel from multiple departments, as well as consultants and vendors;
* Multitask with a strong attention to detail and shift from one project to another when priorities change;
* Develop Crystal and/or Oracle and/or SQL and/or ACCESS or equivalent reports;
* Develop relationships with the user community;
* Analyze, design, program, install and maintain complex computer systems;
* Prepare and present comprehensive and clear reports and recommendations;
* Lead and direct the work of subordinate personnel;
* Train customers, staff and others, as needed;
* Independently perform the most difficult design and programming activities assigned;
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
* Prioritize complex and demanding workloads;
* Work with assigned division management on priorities and program definition;
* Keep current with changes within functional area, such as methods, practices, and technology;
* Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
* Organize work and manage time effectively.
Please read this entire job announcement before applying for the position. Print and keep a copy of this announcement so that you can refer to it. Questions not answered within this job announcement may be sent email@example.com.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be submitted online to the Human Resources department by the stated closing time and date posted. When the stated closing date is 'continuous,' apply immediately; the position may close without notice.
You will receive an immediate email confirming receipt of your submitted application. If you do not receive this email, contactNEOGOV'sApplicant Assistance Line at (855) 524-5627 between 8:00AMto 5:00PM(PST) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Only on-line applications will be accepted for this recruitment (paper applications or resumes will not be accepted). Job Interest Notification Cards, or copies of previous, partial, or un-submitted applications, are not an acceptable substitute to a completed application.
ALL APPLICATION AND TESTING NOTIFICATIONS WILL BE SENT BY E-MAIL. Applicants should select e-mail as the preferred method of notification. Candidates must maintain an up-to-date, valid and reliable e-mail address. Candidates are also responsible for maintaining up-to-date phone numbers and addresses on their on-line account. Due to the number of applications received, candidates must check their application status through their on-line account. ContactNeoGovfor assistance if needed.
Information on how to apply for jobs at the VTA is available on the VTA Employment website and from theNEOGOV'sApplicant Assistance Line (855) 524-5627.NeoGovApplicant support is available from 8:00AMto 5:00PM(PST) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Americans with Disabilities Act Accommodations
The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you wish to request an accommodation,please clickhere.
Application Processing Information
All related current and past work experience (including VTA experience) must be listed and fully described in the Work Experience section of the application ('See Resume' is not acceptable). Incomplete or improperly completed online applications may be rejected even if you are qualified for the position for which you are applying. It is your responsibility to ensure that the online application reflects the work experience and education needed to meet the requirements for the position you are applying for. Although your resume may have all your experience and education details, please make sure to complete each section of the online application to ensure that your information is accurately captured during our screening process.
Important: Proof of Education, either as a copy of a diploma or transcript, is required to verify all educational units listed on your application. Official transcripts are not necessary. Copies of diplomas, degrees, transcripts, or foreign transcript evaluations must be attached to the submitted application as a pdf.
Note: Failure to provide all of the required documents in the appropriate format (pdf ONLY), and properly labeled as shown in the example (for example: Smith_J BS Diploma), will result in the application being rejected as incomplete. No exceptions will be made.
Note: Applicants holding degrees or credentials from outside the United States who are using these qualifications exclusively to qualify for a position are required to provide a foreign transcript evaluation as a pdf and properly labeled as shown above. Failure to provide a foreign transcript evaluation will result in the application being rejected as incomplete. No exceptions will be made.
All applications are subject to review as to meeting minimum qualifications at any point in the recruitment process. Passing any step is no guarantee of continuation if it is determined that the applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the class specification.
Candidates found to have exaggerated/falsified their qualifications, experience, training, and/or education may be disqualified at any point in the recruitment process and may be denied future employment with the VTA.
If selected for the position, candidates will be required to complete a criminal conviction disclosure form. Candidates who successfully become VTA employees, and fail to disclose any of the criminal background information as required may be subject to discipline up to and including discharge.
Eligible Lists typically remain in effect for six (6) months. However, Human Resources may abolish Eligible Lists at any time during the six (6) month period. Human Resources may extend eligible Lists for up to two (2) years. Eligible Lists may be used for more than one recruitment. If you have questions related to an Eligible List you might be on or were on, you should contact Human Resources.
If you have questions regarding your status as an applicant for this position, please call the Human Resources Department at (408) 321-5575 or email atPersonnel@vta.org.
VTA is an equal employment opportunity employer. VTA does not and will not tolerate discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, ancestry, color, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, national origin, immigration status, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, medical condition, disabled veteran or veteran status, etc.