Employment Type: Full-Time
Plan, lay-out and perform all types of Carpentry work in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervision.
Must be enrolled in the AGC apprenticeship program.
* Maintain positive working relationships with all members of the crew.
* Eliminate WASTE such as waiting, rework, transporting, material storage and time.
* Inspect subordinates work, ensure accuracy and compliance with plans and specifications, explain deficiencies and take any necessary corrective action.
* Provide feedback to ensure all materials, tools, equipment and information is available for the work.
* High proficiency in all related trade mathematics.
* Produce high quality work, safely and productively at all times.
* Look for opportunities for improvement in all tasks, means and methods regarding the work and be willing to learn from others and continually seek opportunities to share knowledge and teach others.
Minimum Job Requirements
* Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have a minimum of three years (level I), four years (level II), five years (level III) and six plus years (level Sr.) experience in the industrial/commercial construction industry and have an in-depth understanding of the carpentry trade.
* Must be able to read and understand drawings, specifications, safety and quality standards and effectively utilize all trade tools and equipment relevant to the work.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
* Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
* Will lift, push or pull objects up to 50lbs. on an occasional basis
* May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
* Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
* May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
* Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
* Move in and around confined, cluttered and uneven areas.
* Will climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
* May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
* Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age or disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.