HRBP Retail, West Coast
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
HR Business Partner (Director) Retail, West Coast
The HR Business Partner (Director) Retail, West Coast, is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our multi-location domestic and international retail organization. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives to cultivate an innovative, high-performing, and inclusive culture as well as providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement across the organization to ensure standards are aligned and being executed.
What You'll Do:
* Lead retail employee relations, ensuring excellent climate and morale. Proactively assess retail team's morale and engagement and partner with retail leadership to create a strategy to address gaps, executing that plan flawlessly.
* Investigate claims, complaints and concerns raised by associates, ensuring timely response, quick resolution and following-up as necessary to mitigate reoccurrence.
* Coach retail management teams on employee-related best practices to foster positive team environments.
* Support interview process for retail talent at store and corporate level, facilitate HR piece of on-boarding and conduct exit interviews.
* Ensure excellent HR operations associated with generalist responsibilities (leave management, compensation practices, talent acquisition, benefits, HR systems, etc.)
* Liaison between the Leadership and our employees for compensation, benefits, development, and employee relations. Additionally, you are the key to communicating change.
* Serve as a confidential resource to the business unit employees and managers whether it be handling and escalating any employee relations issue in partnership with the People team and in-house/outside counsel.
* Confidently manage formal investigation process and communicate effectively the status of escalations to Chief People Officer.
* Well-versed in federal and state employment law and fluent in leave policies and administration for our employees and liaising with our compensation department. Must be able to understand overarching laws and help our employees understand their role in ensuring legal and internal policy compliant leaves.
* Strategize with business leaders and make recommendations to maximize our team's performance whether it's developing and defining opportunities, engagement, and talent development and succession planning.
* Create and maintain strong and trusting relationships across the organization; partner cross-functionally with the Retail management and leadership team, internal People team to ensure that the team can grow, scale, and exceed business objectives.
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's degree required. PHR/SPHR preferred
* 8+ years of progressive experience in a Human Resources generalist role supporting a blended exempt/non-exempt workforce of 200+ employees preferably in a retail environment
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of employment labor laws, regulations and principles
* Effective communication and problem solving skills
* Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusion work
* Innovative thinker and continuous learner, is positive with a growth mindset, drives change with a 'can do' attitude, is results-minded and action-oriented
* Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Benefits & Perks:
* Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
* Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
* Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
* Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
* 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Eco-Age, Fast Company