Technical Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Technical Product Manager - 86264
Gracenote - USA Emeryville, California
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
The Global Media & Metadata group is presently looking for a Technical Product Manager to work with our Engineering Teams around the world on the front end and back end of a number of customer-facing and internal content management tools and data services within the Nielsen Metadata portfolio. The customer-facing tools and services allow broadcasters, syndicators, cable and VOD providers to manage metadata for their video content, allowing for more accurate and detailed views into the Nielsen Ratings for their programs. The internal-facing tools and services also allow our internal operations teams to validate the data submitted by the clients. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support solutions that power a multi-billion dollar business.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
* This role will focus largely on front end development, interact with Designers, and Nielsen's Product Leadership team
* Drive user research sessions with clients, users and Operations
* Ensure user stories are complete with appropriate requirements and acceptance criteria and are properly ranked based on all stakeholder input
* Develop a deep understanding of our metadata products and collaborate with engineering and other teams in delivering these to customers
* Engage directly with engineering team(s) on a daily basis and help in any cross-team communication and coordination.
* Develop deeper data and product understanding and be proactive in identifying product quality and potential performance issues.
* Engage with multiple stakeholders, including Product, Customer Success, Engineering leadership, Operations, and Architects to ensure complete requirements are provided to the engineering teams
* Represent the teams' interests in building maintainable, scalable solutions that also meet business requirements and influence decisions on new products enhancements based on process/pipeline/product data
* Collaborate with other members of the System Management team to standardize technical requirements, as appropriate, across components and systems
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE/ARE:
* 2-4 years managing technical products or projects
* Experience with SCRUM Product Ownership role
* Understanding of how to write detailed, technical requirements and stories with acceptance criteria
* Experience as a data analyst, using SQL queries to explore data
* Experience collaborating with UX/UI Designers to develop requirements and detailed designs
* Experience with big data and/or entertainment products a plus
* Comfortable wearing different hats and synthesizing different viewpoints from various technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that's going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what's true, we measure across all channels and platforms-from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You'll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland