Community Outings and Activities Companion
Employment Type: Part-Time
California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges, including autism spectrum disorders.
Community Outings and Activities Companion/Caregiver
Would you like to make a positive difference in the lives of others? Join our mission. Based in community settings, within a program, and working closely with our clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans, DSPs provide assistance and strategies to the individuals we serve to live as independently as possible.
* Transportation and support out in the community: outings/field trips and shopping
* Assist with daily living skills as needed
* Provide guidance on a range of developmental goals from community participation, household budgeting, exercise, nutrition, and supporting vocational responsibilities
* Support persons served with living skills such as personal hygiene, grooming and/or bathing and toileting - as needed
* Assist individuals we serve to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must be minimum of 18 years of age
* One year experience working directly with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities that can be verified with professional references
* Valid CA driver's license in good standing
* Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
* Successful clearance of background checks
* A reliable, responsible attitude
* A compassionate approach and a commitment to quality in everything you do
Why Join Us?
* Part-time schedules available
* Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan
* Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
* Enjoy job security with local and nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful, energizing, and rewarding work for you - come join our team - Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values-Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth-and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets