Operations Assistant - Logistics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Welcome to Million Dollar Baby Co.!
We have built the 6 best children's furniture brands in the world-- from the most non-toxic, eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 6 awesome brands of children's furniture. It's our top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. It's important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to our community as well.
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we hope to meet you soon,
As a Logistic Specialist you will focus on managing shipping claims, monitoring returns and supporting various Logistics and Order Management functions. You will learn how the entire supply chain operates, how to utilize analytics to make data driven decisions, and how to communicate effectively. These are business fundamentals that will take you far in any future career path. We are passionate about people development and you will receive mentorship and coaching to set you up for success. This is a great role for a new graduate with solid internship experience or someone with a couple of years working in a professional environment. This role will start off as Monday - Friday and your schedule will change to Wed- Sunday or Sunday -Thursday depending on the volume and business needs.
What you'll be doing:
* Management of claims for all damaged/loss shipments, invoice overcharges and customer charge backs with the goal of maximizing our claims win rates.
* Maintain and develop current claim reports to provide more transparent metrics to measure progress.
* Management of returns including monitoring and reporting on the dispositions of each return after inspection, maintaining the database of all returns, and ensuring customer satisfaction by accurately posting RMAs and credit memos
* Assist with various Logistics and Order Management functions: shipment processing for small parcel and LTL orders, order entry, customer inquiries, releasing, quoting, routing orders and shipment preparation
* Provide retailer facing customer service including responding to order and shipment related inquiries via email, updating retailer portals for e-commerce accounts, notifying retailers and management of any shipping issues, addressing shipping errors and discrepancies, issuing Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), issuing call tags
* Review and reconcile freight bill invoices
* Complete any other duties and projects that may be assigned
What you bring to the table:
* Bachelor's degree or 1-2 years of experience working in a professional environment strongly preferred
* Extreme attention to detail - you triple check all emails and deliverables and take pride in getting it right the first time
* Super organized - never let anything slip through the cracks, time management is your forte
* Effective verbal and written communication skills - communicate to be understood in a concise and clear manner, bring a point of view
* Intermediate Excel skills
* Strong analytical skills - use logical structuring in understanding problems and in creating solutions, don't rely on others to tell you what to do
* Adaptable and flexible - priorities change on a daily or hourly basis, you are able to pivot, adjust your schedule and re-focus
* Team-oriented -- you jump at the chance to help a team member when assistance is needed
* 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
* Flexible PTO because we respect the need for work/life harmony
* Company matching 401(k)
* Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
* Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
* Dog-friendly workplace, yes! You can bring your best friend to work
* Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products