Oakley - Maintenance Tech 3
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID: 357602
Shift:FHR - 3rd Mon-Fri (9P - 5A)
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite the imagination through the fusion of art and science. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading optical technology, the company manufactures and distributes high performance sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear, and accessories.
The essence of the brand is communicated through hundreds of professional and amateur athletes who depend on Oakley products to provide them with the very best while they redefine what is physically possible.
Oakley is part of Luxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to other global brands like Ray-Ban and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Provides technical support in maintaining Oakley's manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoots equipment during trouble calls, performs assigned Preventive Maintenance tasks and assists Tech Support Lead with root cause analysis problem solving.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing and test equipment.
* Performs preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and cleaning of the manufacturing equipment.
* Development of documentation, and maintenance programs
* Assists the Lead technician with trouble-shooting and repairing systems.
* Develop engineering solutions to improve quality of product, increase uptime, and prevent similar failure modes.
* Responsible for reporting safety concerns as well as follow up on any safety issues
* Fully knowledgeable in trouble shooting electrical and mechanical and willing to train entry level techs
* Research new equipment and develop PM plans with spare parts inventory
* Initiate, coordinate, and execute projects that improve safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost.
* Documents all repairs and work on a daily basis, understands and utilizes the information collected to identify areas for improvement.
* Works safely and maintains a safe, organized and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed
* Associates degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or certification from technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance
* Minimum 4+ years’ experience with Electro-mechanical components in manufacturing environment
* Minimum 4+ years’ experience troubleshooting Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
* Qualified electrician with 120V-220V and 3 phase 480VAC experience
* VFD/PLC/HMI troubleshooting experience
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Ability to read blueprints and schematics to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
* Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision
* Team player with a 'can do' attitude
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Motivated, self-starter, analytical skills, interpersonal communication skills.
* Willingness to learn new technologies.
* Good understanding of computers.
* Bilingual (English and Spanish)
* SAP or any CMMS experience
* Fabrication skills, vacuum coating experience, welding, and machining
* Injection Molding Experience
* Paint Manufacturing experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.