ENGINEERING - Senior CAD Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
A ENGINEERING - Senior CAD Designer job is available in Irvine, CA, with Belcan. In this role about Generate assembly illustrations using CATIA and other office tools to help engineers establish proper assembly processes of stationary energy storage system components.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Design new parts from initial design to prototype phase using CATIA V6
* Create 2D prints applying geometric dimensions and tolerancing (GD&T)
* Generate 3D component FT&A (LD files)
* Generate assembly illustrations using CATIA and other office tools to help engineers establish proper assembly processes of stationary energy storage system components
* Perform packaging studies on stationary energy systems using different types of off the shelf products
* Work with Release Engineers to meet component and system requirements
* Apply Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and integration knowledge to parts and subsystem designs
* Responsible for producing Product Structure and Engineering Bill of Material for use in development and production
* Ensure PLM system integrity and manage all product configuration data and information throughout the product lifecycle
* Execute plans according to schedule for engineering releases
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* · Design and product launch experience for sheet metal, plastic injection molding, forming/stamping, casting, extrusion, and composites
* Proficiency in 3DExperience (CATIA V6 and Enovia). 15,000+ hours CATIA V5/6 experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* 5+ years relevant industry experience
* Proficiency using PLM tools (Enovia preferred)
* Understanding of GD&T and Dimensional Management required
* Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting assignments done on time
* Previous experience with stationary energy storage or electric vehicles in a start-up environment is a plus.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.