Employment Type: Full-Time
A Buyer, job available in Irvine, California is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will Evaluate and maintain inventory levels to achieve site and corporate goals and objectives.
Under the direction of the Procurement Manager the successful candidate will be able to: perform purchasing assignments of a simple nature requiring experience within purchasing and within the scope of Site and Corporate Policy and Procedures, create relationships with internal customers and suppliers, expedite deliveries, reorder points, and minimum order quantities to appropriate levels based on business demands and production schedule. Identify and negotiate opportunities to reduce inventory and cost. Work with receiving and accounting to help resolve invoice discrepancies on Purchase Orders. Maintain accurate files and records.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Evaluate MRP action reports to define the need for the purchased product, prepare RFQs, evaluate quotes, create and approve purchase orders (POs), Issue PO's to suppliers, and manage until product has been received into inventory.
* Evaluate and maintain inventory levels to achieve site and corporate goals and objectives.
* Monitor and manage supplier relationships including reporting invoicing
* Manage and process returned goods back to suppliers. (RMA's, & RTV's)
* Reconcile mismatching invoices to received Purchase Orders
* Manage supplier reporting, open order reports, past due order reports
* Interacting directly with Quality, Engineering, Project Managers, Sales and others as appropriate.
* Evaluate demand and purchase requisitions to place PO's as needed.
Education : Degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience : 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
* SAP, or other MRP system knowledge, Microsoft, team contributor
* Experienced in acquiring materials necessary for manufacturing and the organization, while maintaining relationships with vendors
* Demonstrated ability to prepare bid documents (RFQ), handle bidding process and analyze all bid results
* Solves complex problems and exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Excellent & professional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the apply now link provided. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com