Retail Strategy Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Integer Group is looking for a Retail Strategy Manager to join our Los Angeles, California agency.
We are hiring an insatiably-curious problem-solver: a whole-brain thinker with a passion for understanding consumer connection and shopper marketing activation at retail.
You thrive on solving puzzles and using data to create order out of chaos. You are the one that people turn to for information about what's hot (and what's not). You are passionate about news and information and are first person to know when a trend is breaking.
The Retail Strategy Manager is a critical, day-to-day support conduit, for the Strategy & Innovation Team servicing The Collective's core clients, helping them to unearth and articulate insights and marketplace/cultural truths.
The main area of focus of this role will be to support client initiatives by collecting, curating, and synthesizing multiple source data to inform strategic recommendations that result in ground-breaking, retail campaigns and consumer experiences.
The Retail Strategy Manager will also support the Human Experience Planning process to ensure that clients and agency are aligned on key performance metrics, business growth goals.
You will be accountable for insightful and accurate reporting of data, clear and concise analysis of challenges and opportunities, and for developing optimized strategies.
This role within the Strategy & Innovation Team, may have responsibilities across multiple PODs and clients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and adaptive to information gathering relative to consumers, trends and our clients' businesses, working with specialists within and outside the agency including data analysts, quantitative and qualitative researchers, creative teams, account management teams, social and digital media experts, and more.
30% Strategic Analysis - familiar with techniques in primary research and secondary research - including social listening, cultural listening, competitive landscape scans, consumer analysis and retail store audits. Analyzes business and consumer marketplace and performs research to better understand human and consumer behavior and needs.
30% Research & Data Analysis - familiar with review of raw data inputs, outputs, DMPs and dashboards, in order to extract actionable intelligence, with a focus on performance metrics and experience optimization
40% Narrative Builder - skilled at developing core story points and case narratives in support of client-facing strategic growth recommendations as part of a human experience plan
What You'll Do In This Role:
* Performs research and editorial, develops reports and supports the development of strategic programs and thinking
* Maintains editorial and research data platforms
* Curates consumer, cultural and business intelligence from multiple sources and prepares insights and intelligence for the greater team
* Reports on and analyses data in a way that contributes to building strategic narratives
* Aides in the development of strategic plans and solutions to help clients achieve their retail visions - helping to leverage and integrate Integer assets and talent, products, partners and services (HXP strategy, CX strategy, digital strategy, content strategy, multi-channel analytics, user experience, and omnichannel commerce)
* generates ideas for data-driven stories and for how they might be developed and visualized
* Collaborates with the broader Strategy & Innovation , Growth Sciences and Growth Marketing teams, internal partners to generate ideas and strategies that utilize innovative, emerging media/technologies and platforms
The Experience You'll Bring:
Bachelor's degree or related field desired plus:
* 3 - 6 years of experience in an advertising, digital strategy, account planning, marketing or research role within a consultancy, agency, or marketing-driven organization or similar
* Proven ability to support and contribute to large-scale, complex projects
* Academic and / or professional experience in data science, research, statistics, analysis, data visualization and or design is highly desired
* Creativity with data; total comfort utilizing numbers to define and support hypotheses
* Able to produce clear, clean, professional final outputs; knows that style and substance are equally important
* Telecommunications, Gaming and / or Tech industry experience highly desired
* Presentation design experience in Keynote, PowerPoint and or Google Slides
* Solid interest and understanding of both brand and retail go-to-market strategies
* A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit with vision to enact change
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing and demanding professional environment (startup culture)
* Retail line and or front of house experience is an advantage
* Primary language needed for this role is English. A second language is an advantage
* Participates in agency training
* Flexibility to work extra hours with little or no advance notification
* Ability to travel as needed
At Integer, we believe a diverse organization is a successful one. We've created a diverse, inclusive work environment that celebrates and supports unique individuals and cultures. We also want to set you up for success, not stress. We offer 20 paid holidays in addition to paid time off to give you an ideal work-life balance.
5353 Grosvenor Blvd.
Los Angeles, California
Interested? Apply today at integer.com/careers!
We are the Growth Company.
The challenges that marketers lose sleep over are the very things we dream about: uncovering, creating and sustaining Growth for the brands we work with. We believe in the power of data-driven intelligence to uncover the most rewarding Growth opportunities with our clients and to fuel creativity that delivers results. Our work starts conversations, creates connections and drives conversion that can be measured and optimized in real time through our core capabilities: Retail Experience Design, Retail Marketing, eCommerce & Social Commerce, Connected Commerce Media, Brand Communications & Activation, and Technology & Innovation.
Integer is a key member of Omnicom Group Inc. and Omnicom Commerce Group, and serves as the commerce arm of TBWA\Worldwide. With more than 1,000 data and culture-driven associates in 22 offices around the globe, we are all commonly focused on growth for clients, including AT&T, FedEx, Frito-Lay, Michelin, Nestlé, P&G, PepsiCo, Starbucks and more.