Tech & Life Sciences Center Underwriter
Employment Type: Full-Time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity, innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way they've always been done isn't a part of the job. Here, you'll be putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And you'll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in whatever direction you choose.
The Technology & Life Sciences Center Team is a high performing, versatile team driving success through collaboration and innovation. Success in this role will entail demonstrated sales and negotiation skills, managing the renewal process through strategic planning to create new business, account expansion and cross sell opportunities. Underwriting includes Technology & Life Science industry Property, Casualty, and Technology E&O lines of business.
* Underwrites renewal business including account rounding opportunities
* Seamlessly applies all applicable LOB Underwriting guidelines when making decisions
* Has good knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and governance
* Underwrites renewals within individual authority level
* Consults with Subject Matter Experts on renewals outside of individual authority level
* Responsible for and influences renewal retention and risk-reward outcomes using pricing and underwriting tools as guidance
* Acts as a trusted advisor to the agency
* Partners with other underwriters in an assigned territory to drive better results and build deeper Hartford agency relationships
* Manages cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across team
* Sources opportunities for other team members
* Consults with the agents to answer questions regarding coverage, explaining processes, directing the agents to appropriate resources within the Hartford based on their unique needs
* Works with Operations partners to handle mid-term changes that require underwriting involvement.
* Is responsive to the needs of internal and external customers, delivering excellent service in a timely fashion.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* 3 + years of Property and Casualty Carrier underwriting experience is required
* Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions
* High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit
* Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills
* Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes
* Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
* Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills
Position title and tier will be commensurate with experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Senior Underwriter - UY08AE