Senior Executive Underwriter, Public Company Executive Liability
Employment Type: Full-Time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
We're in the business of helping people achieve amazing things by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when you join our team of underwriters. They're at the center of everything we do - and by joining us, you'll be on a team known throughout the industry for providing our customers with just the right amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity, innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way they've always been done isn't a part of the job. Here, you'll be putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And you'll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in whatever direction you choose.
As a Senior Executive Underwriter at The Hartford, your primary role will be to underwrite and actively pursue new business, manage an existing book of renewal business and service the needs of our distribution partners on an account by account basis. The Senior Executive Underwriter will serve as a key member of the Financial & Executive Liability local region, reporting directly to the West Region Underwriting Manager of the Executive Liability Team. The Executive Liability Team focuses on Management Liability and Fidelity products for publicly-traded accounts. This Senior Executive Underwriter role will be focused on the West Region, which includes all U.S. locations from Denver to California. Products include primary and excess Directors' & Officers' Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability and Fidelity coverage lines.
We'll Be a Good Match if You Have:
* A customer-first mindset, putting our customers at the center of everything you do.
* A passion for making decisions through both analyzing the data and employing critical thinking skills.
* A team spirit and desire to work collaboratively.
* A financial mindset to help make the best decisions.
* Ability to own your work and following through on commitments.
* Ability to decipher and execute within a fluid and changing business environment.
* An understanding of how to build relationships and trust among diverse groups.
* The ability to advance their careers into technical OR leadership positions
* Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* 7 + years of Public Company D&O underwriting experience preferred
* Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions.
* High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit
* Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills
* Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes
* Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
* Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills.
* Position may be filled at a different level, commensurate with experience*
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Sr Executive Underwriter - UC07EE