Executive Underwriter, Large Property
Employment Type: Full-Time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Were in the business of helping people achieve amazing things by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when you join our team of underwriters. They're at the center of everything we do and by joining us, you'll be on a team known throughout the industry for providing our customers with just the right amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity, innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way they've always been done isn't a part of the job. Here, you'll be putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And you'll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in whatever direction you choose.
The Hartford continues to expand its Large Property business unit, focusing on a broad range of occupancies, including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, real estate, hospitality and more. This Executive Underwriter will be a primary relationship manager and point of contact for multiple agents/brokers within an assigned territory.
The position will work as part of a growing team of Large Property underwriters to provide specialized underwriting, insurance coverage and risk management services supporting the continued profitable growth of the dedicated practice. Working in a team environment, this position will collaborate to complete new and renewal business production underwriting, service accounts, identify key property agents/brokers, implement sales and marketing activities and demonstrate a strong customer focus and thorough understanding of The Hartford Large Property unit's appetite and strategy.
Well Be a Good Match if You Have:
* A customer-first mindset, putting our customers at the center of everything you do.
* A passion for making decisions through both analyzing data and employing critical thinking skills.
* A team spirit and desire to work collaboratively.
* A financial mindset to help make the best decisions.
* Ability to own our work and following through on commitments.
* Ability to decipher and execute within a fluid and changing business environment.
* An understanding of how to build relationships and trust among diverse groups.
* The ability to advance their careers into technical OR leadership positions.
* Bachelors Degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* 7+ years P&C Underwriting experience; Mono-line Property underwriting and marketing experience preferred as well as strong relationships with Brokers in the region.
* Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions
* High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit
* Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills
* Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes
* Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
* Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills
* Valid driver's license as a company pool car may be provided
* Position may be filled at a different level, depending on experience*
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Executive Underwriter - UX07AE