General Service And Go - San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
General Service And Go - San Jose, CA
Date: Sep 25, 2021
San Jose, CA, US, 95128
Job Req ID: JR-40060474
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! - APPLY TODAY!!!
If you are looking for more than a job, apply today and begin your career with the tire and auto service innovation leader!
Goodyear's Retail team is hiring a technician to help support the AndGo by Goodyear offering. AndGo by Goodyear is a seamless vehicle servicing platform that combines predictive software, skilled technicians, and trusted national care hubs that make it easier to service connected fleets with reduced downtime and disruptions.
Experience isn't required for this position. You will be trained in any skills required. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours. Start your career with us today!
What's in it for you:
* Learning how to perform all services involved with sanitizing and cleaning vehicles, 12V battery jumps or replacements, and tire repairs when out in the field.
* You will thrive in a fast-paced setting and can ensure your work is done quickly and accurately with competitive base pay.
* Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical plans, 401(k), certification reimbursement and paid vacations.
* At Goodyear we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technician, sales team and management positions. We offer fast track career advancement opportunities for hard working, team players who can deliver results.
Shift Information: Depending on location, our stores may be open 7 days a week, which may include weekends and some holidays
What do we consider?
* Must have a valid driver's license and be at least 18 years of age
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
What else do we consider?
* Ability to communicate with your AndGo Operations team members via mobile phone, text, and other online applications and be in the field up to 8 hours a day
* You are energized when working in a team-setting as well as on your own.
* Interaction with people in a professional manner and are able to provide top-of-the-line service to our customers.
* Appreciation of workplace cleanliness and make it a top priority in everything you do.
* Ability to communicate, read, understand, and follow all procedures and guidelines.
* At least 6 months of general automotive experience is preferred.
* High school diploma/GED is preferred.
About the Role: What skills will you learn?
* How to help troubleshoot vehicle issues and problem solve in the field
* How to always return the customer's vehicle cleaner than it arrived, which may include exterior and interior cleaning, wheel cleaning, tire shining, and vacuuming the interior
* Demonstrate excellent guest service, which includes providing clear communication and feedback about guest vehicles
* Comfort using app technology (or willingness to learn)
* Conduct vehicle safety checks, tire inspections, and exterior and interior cleaning services both in store and in the field
* Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including consumer tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: QA, Quality Assurance, Technology, Quality
Apply now '