Non-Safety EMT Per Diem
Employment Type: Full-Time
Non- Safety EMT Per Diem
Non-Safety Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Per Diem)
$15.00 hourly plus $5.00 per hour stipend added to hourly rate, not eligible for any benefits other than those required by law.
Under the supervision of the assigned shift captain, participate in life safety activities in protecting life and property; respond to emergencies and administer basic life support to sick or injured persons within the scope of Emergency Medical Technician accreditation; operate and maintain ambulances and medical equipment; perform station maintenance and training activities in support of overall Department objectives and perform related responsibilities as required.
NOTE: Examples listed in this class specification represents hut is not necessarily exhaustive or descriptive of duties assigned to this position. Everyone in this classification may not necessarily perform all the duties listed. Management reserves the right to assign other related tasks if such duties are a logical assignment for this position.
* Provides treatment for victims at the scene of an emergency and during transport to a hospital via ground and/or air ambulance.
* Renders Basic Life Support (BLS) services consistent with Fresno County Emergency Medical Technician policies and procedures.
Maintains records and makes reports concerning emergency medical care procedures and billing.
* Assure compliance of all policies, procedures, processes and protocols of the Coalinga Fire Department Standard Operating Procedure Manual, City of Coalinga Employee Handbook, Coalinga Municipal Code, and Central California EMS Agency Policies and Procedures.
Perform daily maintenance projects under the supervision and direction of the on-duty Company Officer.
Operates communication equipment on vehicles and/or in stations.
* Participates in the maintenance and repairs of all department apparatus, equipment, radios, facilities, buildings and grounds, alarm systems and office equipment.
Completes department records and prepares reports.
Answers general questions from the public; assists in community projects and programs. Wears a uniform; maintains a clean and neat appearance.
* Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and
NOTE: The following are a representative sample of the KSA's necessary to perform essential tasks of the position.
* Geography of the local area.
* Appropriate methods of patient care utilized within the Paramedic scope of practice.
* Federal, state, and governmental agency laws and regulations pertaining to emergency medical services.
Skill and Ability to:
* Treat all co-responders, patients, patient's families and the public with respect and professionalism.
* Learn city streets and addresses.
* Always maintain a professional appearance and attitude when representing the Coalinga Fire Department.
* Follow all safety rules and guidelines.
* Maintain all necessary certifications and licenses.
* Understand and act in accordance with department policies, rules, regulations and written and oral instructions.
* Arrive at all work assignments on time with all appropriate certifications and credentials.
* Drive an ambulance safely and skillfully in accordance with traffic laws and ordinances.
* Meet and maintain standards of adequate physical endurance and agility.
* Think and act quickly in emergency situations.
Characterized by initiative, commitment to teamwork and quality performance, and a customer service orientation; must interact in a positive manner with City employees and the public.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be 18 years of age at time of appointment; be a U.S. citizen or legal
* Possession and maintenance of a valid California Class 'C' license with Ambulance Driver Certificate issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
* Possession of a responsible driving record.
* Possession and maintenance of a Central California EMS Agency EMT-I Accreditation.
* Possession and maintenance of a valid BLS Healthcare Provider card.
* Current Medical Examiner's Card.
NOTE: It is the employee's responsibility to renew all applicable license(s). The City will reimburse the employee for any required training expenses. The City will reimburse the employee for any required training expenses.
* City of Coalinga Employment Application
* Copy of appropriate licenses/certificates
City of Coalinga
Human Resources Office
155 West Durian Avenue
Coalinga, CA 93210
(559) 935-1533 ext 199 or 112
Minimum Qualifications and required material must be met/received by the last day of the filing period. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that all required material has been received.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Resumes submitted in lieu of a completed City of Coalinga Employment Application will not be accepted.
All communication and correspondence from the City of Coalinga will be sent to the applicant via electronic communication to the email address provided by the applicant on the submitted employment application.
The City of Coalinga is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran's status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.