Employment Type: Full-Time
At Bigge, we are elevating America with over 1,500 cranes in our fleet. We buy, rent, maintain, and sell cranes that are deployed throughout the United States. Since 1916, we have been building America's landmarks, and we are proud to have created one of the highest performing equipment companies in the world.
Bigge is leading the transformation of the crane and rigging industry with a unique approach to maintaining the best people, equipment, and technology in the market. By leveraging our leadership position in the industry and innovative technology platform, we are forging new ground in the areas of safety, rental fleet growth, and employee growth.
The General Counsel will provide legal advice and strategies to the executive team, oversee the legal matters of the company and related entities and act as their legal representative in business matters across multiple jurisdictions within the United States. The General Counsel will lead Bigge's overall risk management process, act as the manager of the Legal Department, provide legal services as a practicing counsel and manage relationships and matters with outside counsels. The ideal candidate is a business-minded commercial attorney who understands business objectives, balances legal risks and has the experience to direct litigation efforts. The ideal candidate will have a background in the construction industry, OSHA regulations and compliance or desire to become well versed in them and to understand the crane industry.
* Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management.
* Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
* Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action.
* Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
* Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
* Base decision-making process on ethics and integrity.
* Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders.
* Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team.
* Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
* Deal with complex, significant matters.
* Keep abreast of legislative changes.
* Recommend and lead implementation of legal technology solutions.
* Select and retain outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.
* Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance, Tax, Real Estate.
* JD degree required.
* Admission to the bar in California, Texas or another major jurisdiction.
* 10+ years of experience as practicing attorney, including in-house.
* Proven general counseling experience in business environment.
* Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigation, labor law).
* Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives.
* Well versed in how business operates and financial acumen.
* High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
* Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
* First-class interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to 'see around the corner'.
* MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an asset.
* Valid Driver's License and Clean Driving Record.
* Competitive pay and a matching 401(k) plan
* Vacation, Company Holidays, and Sick Days
* Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
Bigge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to Race, Religious Creed, Color, National Origin, Ancestry, Physical or Mental Disability, Medical Condition, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Sex, Gender, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Sexual Orientation, Military or Veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.