Senior Attorney / Attorney
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Aerospace Corporation ('Aerospace') seeks an Attorney to join its Legal Department. This position is for a generalist who will have a diverse portfolio leading our ethics and compliance program including training and investigations, international and strategic initiatives, and supporting our business government and commercial contracts and transactions. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, hands-on, creative, and continual learner attorney to join a tight knit and collegial legal department. You would be a good fit for this role if you have experience and/or interest in some of the following: ethics and compliance programs including investigations, export/trade compliance, conflicts of interest, establishing and maintaining a foreign presence, government and commercial contracting, foreign commercial government sales, corporate transactions, and labor and employment law.
The Aerospace Corporation is an intellectually challenging environment. The successful candidate will work with some of the brightest people in the aerospace industry and will support many innovative company initiatives in the space and national security sectors.
This position is currently envisioned as a hybrid role with time spent in the office but flexibility to telework as well. The ideal candidates would live within commuting distance to either the El Segundo, CA, or Northern Virginia areas.
What You'll Be Doing
* Working across the internal Aerospace organization with a wide array of internal clients at all levels of the organization
* Supporting important strategic initiatives for the corporation
* Serving as a key member of the Office of General Counsel and business partner to the corporation
* Your contribution will directly impact work undertaken supporting the business and its support for the space enterprise
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed.
What You Need to be Successful
* Member in good standing of at least one U.S. Bar, preferably including California and/or Virginia
* 10+ years of legal practice experience, with preference given to candidates who have worked with federal government contracting
* Intellectually curious, continual learners, comfortable with change, want to work in the dynamic space enterprise, service oriented - both to our internal business partners and to the nation, and have strong interpersonal client skills
* This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
* Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
* Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
* 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
* Flexible spending accounts
* Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
* Relocation assistance
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
* Education assistance programs
* An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.