Program Manager- Small Sats
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking to help the United States go back to the moon?
Here at Tyvak we have several programs pushing towards the goal of returning to the moon. We are responsible for delivering multiple spacecraft to Lunar orbit in the next few years and eventually we will be delivering payloads to the surface of the moon as part of NASA's CLPS opportunities. Come join us and help us achieve our goals of returning to the moon, from orbit to the surface.
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers.
We specialize in spacecraft development, launch services and on-orbit operations to deliver small satellites for critical missions across a variety of applications in LEO, GEO, and beyond Earth orbit.
Tyvak is transforming access to space by providing end-to-end, cost effective space systems using agile aerospace processes and accelerating on-orbit success.
Tyvak is seeking a motivated and experienced Program Manager to work out of its corporate office based in Irvine, CA. This role is critical to Tyvak's commitment of delivering mission success stories to our customers.
As a Program Manager at Tyvak, you will work within a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer contracts. You are accountable for delivering highly reliable space systems to Government and Commercial customers.
The Program Manager owns the customer relationship, organizes internal engineering, manages external suppliers & manufacturing, and tests activities.
A successful Program Manager executes on-time, on-budget delivery of their projects. The end goal of every Program Manager is to deliver affordable, high-performance space systems at an escalated pace.
Position Duties (including but not limited to the following):
* Generate proposals/scope of work based on customer requirements
* Participate in customer meetings to define and refine requirements
* Maintain project schedules, risk analysis, procurement plans, subcontract management plans, project staffing plans, and budgets (direct costs, subcontracts, travel, etc.)
* Report program updates regularly to executive team and our customers
* Track all internal and external deliverables, prepare and present formal and informal design and progress reviews
* Work closely with members of their own program team, technical peer teams, and program controllers to ensure our systems meet all requirements and achieve all milestones, while staying within strict budgetary constraints