Senior IT Manager, Applications
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition Number: 210282
The ITAS (Information, Technology, Analytics, and Security) Applications Senior Manager is responsible to drive the strategic direction of applications in the portfolio. The role provides leadership to the teams, ensuring that the portfolio is continuously optimized and meets the needs of the business community. In addition, the Sr. Manager will be responsible for managing application support and enhancements of applications portfolio.
The Senior Manager will be based in San Diego, CA leading a team of employees and contingent offshore and onshore staff. The primary scope of application responsibility will span Teradata's ServiceNow application as well as various other legacy applications.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading application support and development team, be an excellent communicator and leader, and comfortable in managing onshore and offshore resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Provide leadership of the ITAS Applications Team
* Serve as the trusted ITAS partner to the business
* Management of ITAS Application Team on-shore, off-shore, and contingent work staff
* Management of the IT Applications portfolio by tracking CMDB maintenance, usage and maintenance agreements, and end of life issues
* Provide technical advice and guidance to teams
* Provide oversight and support on delivery of projects, acting as a point of escalation for the team and internal stakeholders, facilitate communication on any critical issues
* Work collaboratively with the Business and other ITAS Team to deliver value to Teradata
* Adhere to and utilize company Internal Controls procedure related to release and change management
* Partner with the ITS Operations leader to ensure that the incident, problem, and change management processes are properly followed
* Manage and monitor SLA's.
* Manage compliance with Teradata ITS third-party application license agreements
* Partner with application vendors to deliver periodic strategic account reviews
* Manage and reduce technical debt
* Monitors team execution and ensures that procedures are effective and efficient via continuous improvement process
* Travel as required for successful delivery of initiatives; Domestic Travel:10-15%, International Travel for this role is possible, although unlikely and would be extremely minimal. All safety considerations will be considered regarding COVID-19.
* Experience with management of support, development, contingent worker IT staff
* Experience with management of ServiceNow Applications portfolio with global user scope of more than 2,500+ users and multiple time zones
* Prior experience with ServiceNow required
* ITIL certification required
* Expert level communications agent with proven, seasoned expertise in managing efforts across silos as well as upwards to C-level members of the company
* Seasoned with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs (i.e. CRM, ERP, BI, WorkDay)
* Minimum BS/BA in business or a technical field with 10+ years of directly relevant experience. Preferred Master's degree with 10+ years of applicable business experience, with at least five (5) years of management experience. (minimum 5 years' experience with at least 5 or more direct reports)
* Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in managing level 2 and 3 Support staff
* Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
* Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure
* Strong Program/Project Management Skills - Demonstrated success in large project implementations with a global footprint
* Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
* Experience collaborating with and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
* Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management, and external partners
* Profound knowledge on business process, business data and related key performance indicators
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior IT Manager, Applications
Job Category: IT
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We're the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn't just about the collection of data - it's about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US