Surgical Tech OR Full Time Days
Employment Type: Full-Time
10K Sign on Bonus!
The dedicated staff, highly-skilled physicians and surgeons, and advanced technology combine to make working at Los Alamitos Medical Center a personally-rewarding work environment. Nursing staff often hold advanced degrees, are dedicated to caring for others in both their personal and professional lives, and work side-by-side with talented colleagues and medical staff. The hospital has an advanced bi-plane catheterization lab, robot-assisted surgery capabilities, an Orthopedic Destination Center, and the radiation oncology physician services are provided by UCLA Health. Outpatient services are provided in a colorful patient setting in our Total Care Pavilion and there will soon be nurse navigators to assist orthopedic and cancer patients. The hospital's quality indicators reflect the hard work of physicians and staff. LAMC awards and distinctions include an A on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score, American Heart Association Get with the Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award for Heart Failure, American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award for Stroke, American Stroke Association Target Stroke Honor Roll, and is a Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Los Alamitos Medical Center is a great place to work. There are more than 150 staff members who have been here over 20 years and the hospital has been in the community for nearly 50 years treating generations of families.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The Surgical Technician demonstrates basic knowledge and skills in the scrub role, necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures.
* The Surgical Technician is responsible for aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment, instrumentation and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases.
* Scrubbing and passing instruments and equipment during surgical procedures.
* Pulling cases as needed, breaking down cases at the end of the procedure, sets up operating room and supplies needed for day/following day's schedule.
* Available for call on an assigned/ scheduled basis as required by unit need.
* When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required: Graduate of Surgical Technician Program as required by state regulation of practice or policy.
Preferred: 1 year experience as surgical technician
Preferred: Surgical Technology Certification