Occupational Therapist 8 Hours Per Diem Days
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hi-Desert Home Health is a part of the Desert Care Network, and is based in Joshua Tree, California, on the Hi-Desert Medical Center campus. We cover a large area, serving patients from Twentynine Palms to Indio. As we are growing, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our Home Health team. In coordination with Home Health Nursing and Physical Therapy, this position evaluates individuals for occupational therapy needs in the home setting and implements occupational therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation and improved functioning. Directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity.
1. Conduct Home Health Occupational Therapy evaluations to assess for need.
2. Plan a variety of sensory motor, educational, recreational and social activities to provide occupational therapy to patients in the home setting
3. Consult with other members of the team to select the most appropriate activity program for individual patients, based on patient needs and capabilities, and evaluate and communicate progress on an ongoing basis
4. Select appropriate activities based on patient's physical capacity, intelligence level and interest and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of all cultural and age groups
5. Teach patients the skill and techniques required for participation in occupational therapy.
6. Prepare discharge report summarizing patient's responses to therapy.
7. Design and fit adaptive devices such as splints and braces for patient use, based on patient disability and rehabilitation needs.
8. Maintain appropriate and timely documentation.
9. Participate in educational programs and in-service meetings.
10. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control.
Minimum Education :
* Bachelor's Degree
* 2 years experience in Occupational Therapy, preferably in a Home Health setting
License and certification
* Current CPR certification
* Current CA Occupational Therapy Certification
* California Driver's License
* Current Automobile Liability Insurance
* Prolonged sitting or standing
* Lifting patients
* Repositioning patients
* Transferring patients