Employee Relations and HR Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
This Employees Relations and HR Compliance Manager role is responsible for providing strategic also hands-on support to the business and the HR team in the areas of Employee Relations (ER), investigations, policy creation and training, and HR compliance. This role is a hands-on role with no direct reports, you will report to the Director of HR and Operations and work closely with our HR Business Partners and Legal team for ER issues/Investigations. The focus is on championing the employee experience by leveraging our culture and policy to solve employee relations and compliance-related issues. Coach and mentor HR team members and business leaders on appropriate solutions to ER and HR compliance, both proactively and tactically. This role is expected to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment, and will directly report to the Director of HR & Operations of Tencent America.
* Develop and implement HR policies to satisfy legal requirements, cost containment, and work environments consistent with Tencent's core values.
* Promote business ethics and Tencent's core values in all efforts. Responsible for preparing and delivering HR compliance-related training and communications to employees.
* Collaborate with other functional areas like the Legal unit and other stakeholders in the delivery of compliance programs and training to employees
* Act as an expert advisor to HR team colleagues and point of escalation on ER-related issues, concerns, and actions from HRBPs.
* Considered the ER subject matter expert. Partner closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Legal, to establish and drive the investigation process in a timely and responsive manner.
* Review ER-related documentation prior to review with Legal and filing; coach and mentor HRBPs on improvement and consistency in documentation, and act as a resource for the most complex ER-related questions.
* Create and maintain case management process to monitor and bring cases to resolution, in partnership with the legal team.
* Use data to track, identify, and assess emerging People trends and advise on the potential impacts on our support of the business, especially as it relates to ER.
* Analyze the development needs of business teams and develop and conduct training solutions to meet those demands of Employee Relations, Compliance, and work with relevant stakeholders such as Learning Development/Legal team.
* Research changes in laws and regulations analyze their impact on the organization and communicate findings to stakeholders
* Responsible for the maintenance of OSHA and company-mandated reports on all accidents, injuries, and illnesses; collaborate with Benefits specialist in reviewing leave of absence requests.
* Bachelor's Degree or above in HR or Employment Law 6+ years of experience in handling sensitive and/or highly visible investigations.
* Understanding of employment law implications on ER issues and investigations and the ability to escalate for Legal attention as required.
* Has HR certification in Investigations or equivalent experience.
* Experience with developing and delivering effective ER, Compliance presentations, and training material to a variety of audiences.
* Expert understanding of employment regulations and ability to translate policies to action.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience handling multiple and complex projects simultaneously, and working in an environment that requires flexibility, innovation, superb customer service skills, and organization.
* Track record of strong collaboration skills, and highly trusted.
* Requires a high level of discretion due to the sensitive nature of activities within the People organization.
* Ability to effectively engage and calibrate their approach with all levels of the workforce and effectively influence and partner with non-union and union workforce leadership (remotely/ virtually).
* Strong coaching, influencing, facilitating, process development, analysis, and problem-solving skills. A process-driven, background/systems-thinking mindset.
* Positive resilient approach - a believer in employee advocacy and manager training while demonstrating active learning with a growth mindset.