Employment Type: Full-Time
The automotive industry is undergoing massive transformation - a digital transformation. Software, connectivity and cloud-connected services are redefining the driving experience. Here at Telenav, we're proud and excited to be a part of this transformation. We started with in-car navigation and location-based services over a decade ago and are now enabling leading automotive companies like GM, Ford, Toyota and Mercedes to redefine the overall connected car digital experiences.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Engineering to join our growing Auto team. Director of engineering is a leadership position in the In-vehicle infotainment team. In this role, you will build, coach and manage a diverse global team of high performing engineers and managers across multiple site. You will lead the team in defining the technology strategy and platform development. We are looking for a visionary and technology leader with a bias for action, who can connect product strategy to tactical execution.
* Understand market needs & vision, drive the technology strategy and architecture
* Deliver state of the art applications and SDK software with world class quality to solve for user and developer needs
* Coach, mentor and lead a diverse group of lean/agile software engineers and managers. Support their professional development and performance management.
* Build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in an environment of accountability, trust and respect.
* Define/enrich processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas including project management, system reliability, CI/CD and scalability
* Lead teams building REST application and micro-services using open-source frameworks
* Define/manage SLA's for all services and applications within the IVI portfolio
* 8+ years of strong hands-on experience in software architecture, design, programming (Java/Kotlin and/or C++) & algorithms
* 7+ years of demonstrated excellence building and leading engineer teams and engineering managers
* You have led global teams spanning multiple locations/time zones and are comfortable executing remotely
* You are very good at recruiting, inspiring and retaining talented engineers
* You are an expert in defining and building Android products - both apps and services
* You are passionate about staying up-to date with the latest development technologies, tools and processes.
* You are hands-on, proactive and have a bias for action and a focus on outcome. You enjoy writing code and participating in code reviews (even if you don't do this on a day-to-day basis)
* You can lead the team in defining the technology vision and architecture of our products, and managing architectural trade-offs - both cloud and edge.
* You like working closely with product management in defining and shaping the product strategy and roadmap
* You have experience building an SDK with cloud services that enables delivering a delightful cloud first consumer experience - preferably in mobile or automotive. Experience building cloud services on various technology stacks preferred.
* Hands-on experience building services multi-cloud enabled services, with preference for AWS
* You are entrepreneurial and focused on delivering on outcomes.
* You are a superb communicator
* Experience building automotive solutions in Android preferred
Telenav is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.