Employment Type: Full-Time
Teledyne Technologies offers a variety of innovative products across many industries. The Environmental Instrumentation group offers a wide range of products used for environmental monitoring, instruments that enable measurement and monitoring of key air environmental parameters as well as gas purity and content for industrial and manufacturing applications, sensors for the measurement and monitoring of the physical and chemical properties of untreated water, and laboratory systems that improve sample acquisition, handling, and preparation for analysis.
The environmental group has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our exceptional team as a Commodity Leader at any of our US environmental facilities. This position will focus on the acquisition of various metals for the environmental product lines.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
SUMMARY /Essential Duties
* Develop profiles of assigned commodities covering spend, volume, specification, current contractual obligations, supplier, cost drivers, region, brand, and product life cycle. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends, and develop sourcing alternatives.
* Implement complex Category Strategy and develop it for de-centralized model (incl. Complex and/or high spend negotiation) consistent with local Business Plans. Forge and institutionalize collaborative working relationship with business units and corporate procurement
* Provide expert guidance on current supply base, markets, capabilities, trends, and dynamics of the marketplace. Develop commodity strategies based on market insight.
* Proactively seek and introduce new supplier technology and advancement in materials, processes, equipment, etc. which will reduce the overall cost and help build competitive advantage
* Negotiate and manage key supplier relationships and work with legal to execute global supply contracts
* Facilitate the creation of commercial supply agreements to support program needs ensuring all key operations and manufacturing requirements are adequately addressed.
* Drive supply base consolidation and execute global risk mitigation strategies
* Work with critical and/or challenged suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and First Pass Yield to target levels. Act as an escalation point for the Production Buyers and manage critical supplier recovery schedules to meet organization's demand requirements
* Work with NPI Engineering team during early stage of design to influence cost and lead time. Promote standardization, modularization, and upstream integration.
* Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on Design for Manufacturability and market conditions/component availabilities/outlook.
* Lead should-cost analysis projects for cost improvements and conduct supplier workshops to benchmark costs.
* Act as the supplier interface for all RFIs, RFPs and RFQs. Partner with internal resources to drive adoption of low-cost parts and avoidance of obsolescence (if applicable)
* Build and manage a pipeline of PPV/VAVE projects by conducting cross functional workshops and help execute them
* Provide expert guidance on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis. Identify and map out the cost elements and establish the cost breakdown and drivers (i.e. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis). Identify value chain inefficiencies and prioritize cost savings opportunities for the commodity.
* Lead cross-functional team(s) in the identification of alternative products and suppliers, facilitate qualification trials, and conduct supplier assessment to drive continuous improvement
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 10- 15 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or related certification preferred
Colorado Pay Transparency Information
This position has a pay range of $57,333.00 to $129,039.00 annually. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education. This position is not eligible for a structured bonus or commission plan but may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
Teledyne offers a wide range of benefits to employees, some of which are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. This position is eligible for a comprehensive medical plan including a PPO and HDHP option as well as dental and vision care.
Teledyne offers a 401(k) through Fidelity with a competitive company match after 90 days. We also offer a Company Stock Purchase Program, with a company contribution after one year of service.
This position will be eligible for paid vacation which will be accrued each pay period starting at 80 hours within the first year. Vacation rolls over and caps out at 2 times the annual accrual rate. Paid sick leave is also available and accrued up to 80 hours within the first year. Paid sick leave can roll over and accumulate up to 960 hours in an extended care sick bank. Teledyne also offers 10 paid pre-designated holidays.
Additionally, Teledyne provides basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, business travel accident insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and an employee assistance program which this position is eligible to participate in.
The company also offers a variety of tax savings accounts including health spending account (HSA), traditional flexible spending account (FSA), limited purpose flex spending account, and a dependent care spending account. After 90 days, this position will be eligible to participate in Teledyne's tuition reimbursement program for eligible undergraduate and graduate programs.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.