Rehab Aide - Behavioral Health 105
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Full-Time
Days: Sunday - Thursday
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full potential.
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of care for persons with serious mental illness.
The Rehab Aide provides direct and indirect rehabilitation services to both individuals and groups of members.
Two (2) years full time experience or its part time equivalent of direct service experience in a mental health setting is required. A bachelor's degree with a major in psychology, social work or behavioral sciences may be substituted for the two (2) years of full time work experience or its part time equivalent. High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent required. The ability to read, write and speak English is required. Associate degree in related field is preferred. Previous experience, knowledge of and / or desire to work with the severely and persistently mentally ill population is preferred. Necessary skills include the ability to communicate well and interact with the healthcare team, members, family members and visitors and the interest in and ability to conduct therapeutic activities. Must have a valid California driver's license, a DMV clearance for insurability, a vehicle (approved for safety), and proof of insurance. Applicant must be finger printed, sign under penalty of perjury that there has been no conviction of any crime, other than minor traffic offenses, and receive clearance from the Department of Justice/FBI. Must have completed first aid and CPR training or obtain certification with four (4) weeks of hire.
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
* Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with residents, the public and other staff members.
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
* Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
* Leads or assists with therapeutic activity groups
* Acts as a role model and a member of the Rehabilitation Staff
* Participates and assists rehabilitation groups and activities
* Knowledge of the inventory and how to obtain equipment and supplies for activity programs as directed
* Maintains order and cleanliness of the Activity Rooms
* Promotes and assists residents in developing self-help skills
* Drives clients in the facility van on outings
* Completes incident reports in compliance with established policies and procedures
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
* Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
* Participates in Rehabilitation Department planning / staff meetings
* Responds to emergency/crisis situations.
* Observes, records and reports residents' behavior as per applicable State, County and Telecare guidelines.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
* Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies.
* Demonstrates good judgment, decision making, and initiative at performing daily tasks.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
* Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale.
* Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements improvements as necessary.
* Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities.
* Protects residents from behavior that could damage themselves or others.
* Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
* Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including clients/residents, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct.
* Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing Telecare in the community.
* Assures resident confidentiality.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
* Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meeting expected deadlines.
* Coordinates groups and special events as directed.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
* Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance.
* Attends all assigned in-service education classes.
* Role models excellent professional practice.
* Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
* Participates in ongoing supervision with designated supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required? YES
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
(If yes, briefly describe)
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Walking outside occasionally
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability