Site Safety and Health Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
What We Do
EMI is an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation support services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT support. EMI consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations and quality service that exceeds our clients' expectations.
What Sets Us Apart
The Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our customers' trust and our employees' loyalty. We've successfully performed over 60 service contracts and we understand the unique challenges facing today's military. We offer exceptional responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Right Team: The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving professionals, administrative and trades personnel deployed in various locations throughout the United States. At times, we augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable business partners.
The Right Approach: EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions to augment our clients' operations. We provide a platform that delivers seamless mission support and exceptional customer service in a very cost-effective and repeatable solution.
The project TechFlow Mission Support (EMI Services) is hiring a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) to support base operations at a naval base in San Diego, CA.
The project requirements are to furnish all labor, supervision, management, tools, materials, equipment, facilities, transportation, incidental engineering, operators, and other items necessary to provide recurring and non-recurring maintenance and repair services for various facilities and equipment for various facilities services at several Naval and Marine Corps Installations located in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah.
Services include Facility Management, Facility Investment, Custodial Services, Pest Control, Grounds Maintenance and Landscaping, Pavement Clearance, Chiller, and Electrical. Maintenance requirements include Preventative Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Incidental Repairs, Service Orders, Emergency Service Orders, Urgent Service Orders, Routine Service Orders, Grounds Maintenance, Pest Control, Custodial Services, Pavement Clearance, Pool Chemical Maintenance, Corrosion Maintenance, and Vertical Transportation Maintenance.
* Ensure that the requirements of 29 CFR 1926.16 are met for the project.
* Establish, update, and maintain Contractor's Safety and Health Program.
* Perform safety and health duties in accordance with the Accident Prevention Plan.
* Provide Activity Hazard Analysis for work to be performed.
* Identify, document and correct unsafe site conditions in coordination with site
* Provide job safety training such as lockout/tagout
* Ensure proper personal protective equipment (PPE) has been identified for each job to be performed
* Conduct regular inspections on proper usage of PPE and condition of PPE
* Supervise and administer safety and health activities
* Provide assistance to supervisors in selecting daily toolbox safety topics
* Perform safety inspections
* Provide remedial training when unsafe acts or conditions have been identified
* Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.