Class B Driver - Local Delivery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Navigate your career @ Airgas
Enrich your experience with a new step in your professional journey! Airgas encourages internal mobility. Developing yourself into new roles within our organization is key to our Talent Management strategy. We believe in you and the value you bring to our company.
Class B Delivery Route Driver - Dry Ice
* Location - Hayward, CA
* Schedule - Monday - Friday
* Hours - 4:00 AM to 2:00 PM (or when deliveries are completed)
* Rate of Pay - $28.00/hr OT after 8 hours
* Stops per day - 15
* Drivers Average 50 hours/week
* Miles per week avg 500
* Equipment - Class B Bobtail
Contact a Recruiter Today - Corey Stein @ 470-233-0668 or email Corey.Stein@airgas.com
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Frequent bending will also be required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The associate must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by DOT regulations for drivers.
In particular, you will:
* Drive truck to deliver dry ice to customer's place of business. Issue or obtain customer's signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
* Obtain customer signature, ensure piece count matches load manifest, and collect empty dry ice boxes to be returned to the plant and/or branch.
* Provide customer service and give feedback from customers to the Branch Manager.
* Maintain accurate driving log information and data.
* Perform pre and post trip inspections on trucks according to DOT and company maintenance checklist. Keep the inside of the truck clean.
* Comply with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements.
* Secure cargo prior to and during transit.
* Maintain appropriate driver's license and DOT Medical card.
Are you a MATCH?
* Class A or B CDL driver's license
* Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) expectations:
* No accidents in the last three years.
* No DUI in the last seven years.
* No more than 2 minor moving violations in the last three years.
* No serious violations in the last three years (reckless driving, speeding 15 ).
* No suspensions in the last three years, except for failure to pay child support.
* One year experience driving a commercial vehicle or diploma from an accredited truck driving school required within the last four years.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability