Employment Type: Full-Time
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
EMCOR Government Services has an opening for a Maintenance Manager at the JPL/NASA facility in Pasadena, CA. The project is approx. 3 million SF with more than 200 buildings on campus. Primary responsibility is the day-to-day tasking, monitoring and management of the technical workforce and associated 2nd tiered support subcontractors for the services within the scope of the contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* On-site during the clients regular working hours and available on-site within four hours after the clients regular working hours.
* Provides energetic and innovative leadership to promote facilities maintenance excellence, achieve operating efficiencies, and attain the highest standards of contract performance in all areas.
* Manages all facilities maintenance services including the day to day tasking, monitoring and management of the technical workforce which includes Carpentry, HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing trades. This includes ensuring personnel have adequate tools, equipment, and materials to perform daily tasks.
* Provide technical assistance for difficult HVAC issues.
* Works closely with the Shop Leads, Technicians and Work Control/Material Control to plan and schedule work and ensures completed work is properly documented and closed in CMMS.
* All requisitions for resources to include tools, equipment and materials must first be reviewed and approved by the appropriate Maintenance Branch Supervisor prior to submission.
* Responsible for oversight, management and verification of receipt of services for all subcontracted services related to respective area of responsibility.
* Ensures equipment is maintained in accordance with company and customer directives. Inspects work orders to ensure compliance with instructions, specifications, and procedures
* Works with QC Inspectors to provide detailed quality control inspections on representative sample of Preventative Maintenance, Trouble Call and Repair work orders.
* Assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility's standards and regulations.
* Responsible for maintaining a good working environment. This includes conflict resolution, conducting personnel performance evaluations of trade personnel, and documenting resource needs.
* Ensure employees are aware of and in compliance with site-wide safety programs. Strives to maintain an accident free environment while continuously promoting quality and customer service
* Minimum of 5 years experience in Facility/Public Works management in a Supervisory or Management role.
* Must have strong background in HVAC, Min 7-10 years
* Practical hands on experience doing field HVAC service preferred.
* Understanding of concepts and practical experience with Planning, Scheduling, Estimating, and Preventive Maintenance program development.
* Minimum of 3 years experience working with CMMS systems (MAXIMO 5.2 or greater preferred)
* Strong verbal, written, and customer service skills
* Must demonstrate current knowledge of maintenance practices, and concepts.
* Must have knowledge of applicable federal, state and local safety codes and be able to read, interpret and explain schematics and drawings.
* Must have the ability to resolve complex issues that require analysis, evaluation and interpretation.
* Must have knowledge of computer operations and application pertinent to their field (Microsoft applications and email).
* Ability to read and write in the English Language.
* Valid CA driver's license.
* Must have the ability to multi-task, be organized, pay attention to detail, be dependable, and be a team player.
* Flexibility to work alternate schedules as necessary.
* Perform all other duties as assigned to meet customer critical missions.
* Complete benefit package (medical/dental/vision)
* Salary $/annual
* 401k Program
* Work hours 7 AM - 4:00 PM M-F
* Stable work environment
* No off-site traveling
* Join an existing experienced team
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled