Sr. Corporate Counsel, Corporate Affairs
Employment Type: Full-Time
GROW WITH US:
Headquartered in San Diego with customers all over the world, Tandem Diabetes Care is dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better through relentless innovation. 'In Tandem' means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. Our offices are centrally located north of Downtown with easy access to the freeway.
DIABETES IS ALL WE DO:
At Tandem, Diabetes is all we do. We are the makers of the only color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates and compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Read more about our company and check out our latest product features and capabilities here: t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump with Control-IQ™ Technology
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. We treat our fellow employees like friends and family, and the company like our own home. This universal respect allows us the freedom to be ourselves and to be effective at our jobs, knowing at the end of the day that we can trust everyone to do the right thing, for each other and for the company. You can learn more about our culture and life at tandem here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and See what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Sr. Corporate Counsel, Corporate Affairs will report to the Vice President & General Counsel and be responsible for legal oversight of the Company's corporate governance and public company reporting obligations and provide legal support for key agreements and corporate transactions. This individual will be an integral member of the Legal Department and operate independently in a dynamic environment to support the growing and diverse legal needs of the business. Works directly with and advises key decision-makers in contract negotiations and other business arrangements, including identifying and proposing solutions to key business issues and managing risk.
YOU'RE AWESOME AT:
* Demonstrates experience in general corporate matters, including corporate organization, securities compliance, stock incentive plan administration, drafting transactional documents, license agreements and contract management.
* Successfully manages a variety of corporate governance and securities issues for the Company, and exercises sound legal and practical judgment in advising in-house clients on a variety of legal issues.
* Primary role in preparing, reviewing and advising on all company SEC filings, including related transaction documents, proxy statements, periodic reports, registration statements, Section 16 filings, and similar corporate records.
* Assists in scripting for investor calls and preparation of executive management for participation in the calls.
* Assists in reviewing and drafting public disclosure and corporate communications including earning releases, press releases, and social media.
* Assists with mergers, acquisitions, investments and other strategic transactions including coordinating internal teams and due diligence activities.
* Drafts and reviews board books, minutes and resolutions for Board and Committee meetings and actions.
* Creation, implementation and ongoing management of subsidiaries including board resolutions, filings, creation of bank accounts, and analysis of legal and financial considerations arising from the subsidiaries location or any intellectual property owned or managed by the subsidiary.
* Works directly with and advises key decision-makers in contract negotiations and other business arrangements, including identifying and proposing solutions to key business issues and managing risk.
* Provides legal support for the Company's expanding international operations, proactively identifies related business and legal risks, and collaborates cross-functionally to offer creative solutions to mitigate risks.
* Supports emergent legal matters on an as-needed basis.
* Assists with legal compliance activities, including FCPA program administration, and conflict minerals reporting.
* Works closely with all members of the legal team and internal clients to develop and improve internal processes that will support the growth of the legal department and for meeting contractual and compliance requirements.
* Able to function both independently and as part of a team, and willing to solicit and accept feedback and input from others.
* Maintains the confidentiality of Legal Department communications and documentation.
* Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
* Law degree (JD or equivalent) required.
* License to practice in the state of California or licensed in another state and registered as In-House Counsel in California required.
* 7+ years of relevant legal experience, including advising public company clients with respect to SEC reporting and corporate governance matters as well as at least 2+ years of in-house experience strongly preferred.
* Understanding of design and administration of stock incentive plans.
* Experience in working on complex business relationships and related transactions where critical thinking in terms of strategy, tactics and coordination is required.
* Working understanding of international, federal and state rules and regulations applicable to medical device companies.
* Working understanding or willingness to learn key principles relating to human clinical trials and related laws, regulations and agreements.
* Understanding of director and officer professional liability insurance programs and experience in managing commercial and securities related litigation matters.
* Ability to operate independently and prioritize effectively while handling substantial and diverse work volume and serving as a key contributor for a rapidly growing organization.
* High level of integrity supported by sound judgment and ethics.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills and presentation styles to interact with diverse audiences, including outside attorneys, senior management and business associates.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Tandem, our employees are just as important as our customers! Not only do we hire the best, we reward, develop, and retain them too. At Tandem we offer competitive compensation packages, superb medical, dental and vision, a discounted stock purchasing plan, fitness discounts, generous PTO, casual work attire and more! For a full list of benefits please review our perks page at https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/benefits.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
BE YOU, WITH US!
We're always looking for awesome, forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce. We are committed to making sure our company fully reflects the diverse consumers who use our product. We are making strides towards this goal and are firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem's CCPA Notice: