Business Intelligence Developer II
Employment Type: Full-Time
GROW WITH US:
Headquartered in San Diego with customers all over the world, Tandem Diabetes Care is dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better through relentless innovation. 'In Tandem' means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. Our offices are centrally located north of Downtown with easy access to the freeway.
DIABETES IS ALL WE DO:
At Tandem, Diabetes is all we do. We are the makers of the only color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates and compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Read more about our company and check out our latest product features and capabilities here: t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump with Control-IQ™ Technology
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. We treat our fellow employees like friends and family, and the company like our own home. This universal respect allows us the freedom to be ourselves and to be effective at our jobs, knowing at the end of the day that we can trust everyone to do the right thing, for each other and for the company. You can learn more about our culture and life at tandem here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and See what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
The Business Intelligence Developer will serve as a liaison between all business units to drive performance management, reporting, and analytics. Responsibilities include on-going day-to-day support and maintenance, testing/troubleshooting, performance tuning, requirements gathering, design, development, validation and implementation of appropriate BI solutions.
YOU'RE AWESOME AT:
* S. in computer science or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
* 3 years of experience working in a business intelligence environment with at least one year of experience in BI development.
* Prior ETL/DataMart development experience.
* Strong T-SQL skills including proven ability to read, write and debug complex SQL queries.
* Experience developing with the Microsoft BI product stack.
* SSRS, SSMS, SSIS and SSAS experience.
* Comfortable with dimensional and relational modeling practices.
* Experience with OLTP data sources (MS Dynamics AX & CRM preferred).
* Proficient in MS Office products.
* Must be able to work cross-functionally and have a strong customer focus.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Change Management Systems (JIRA) experience preferred.
* Demonstrated proficiency working with extremely large datasets.
* Familiarity with data science principles/concepts.
* Working knowledge of Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization software.
* Support, maintain and troubleshoot existing report catalog and BI solutions.
* Proactively identify inefficiencies and implement proper solutions.
* Develop new reports and BI solutions to address business.
* Define and fulfill ad-hoc data requests as assigned.
* Work with business units to understand business needs/processes and design, develop, test and implement the solution.
* Educate business users on report definition, standards for use, and data best practices.
* Troubleshoot database and reporting issues with minimal supervisor assistance.
* Maintain HIPAA compliance throughout scope of work.
* Communicate with department manager and team regarding progress of work.
* Ensure compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Tandem, our employees are just as important as our customers! Not only do we hire the best, we reward, develop, and retain them too. At Tandem we offer competitive compensation packages, superb medical, dental and vision, a discounted stock purchasing plan, fitness discounts, generous PTO, casual work attire and more! For a full list of benefits please review our perks page at https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/benefits.
BE YOU, WITH US!
We're always looking for awesome, forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce. We are committed to making sure our company fully reflects the diverse consumers who use our product. We are making strides towards this goal and are firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem's CCPA Notice: