Strategic Workforce Planning Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
GROW WITH US:
Headquartered in San Diego with customers all over the world, Tandem Diabetes Care is dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better through relentless innovation. 'In Tandem' means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. Our offices are centrally located north of Downtown with easy access to the freeway.
DIABETES IS ALL WE DO:
At Tandem, Diabetes is all we do. We are the makers of the only color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates and compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Read more about our company and check out our latest product features and capabilities here: t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump with Control-IQ™ Technology
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. We treat our fellow employees like friends and family, and the company like our own home. This universal respect allows us the freedom to be ourselves and to be effective at our jobs, knowing at the end of the day that we can trust everyone to do the right thing, for each other and for the company. You can learn more about our culture and life at tandem here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and See what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
The Strategic Workforce Planning Manager is responsible for working cross-functionally to proactively identify and implement strategies that will enable the optimization of Tandem's workforce. Responsibilities will include completing companywide assessments on the status of the workforce, driving change initiatives within the organization to move to a remote workforce and implementing tools and technologies in order for the remote workforce to be more effective.
YOU'RE AWESOME AT:
* Partners with department heads create a remote workforce roadmap which involves identifying remote-based roles as well as encouraging remote work across the company.
* Conducts extensive research to identify technologies to optimize the communication and collaboration of remote teams including:
* Partnering with IT and key stakeholders to implement technologies;
* Working closely with Learning & Development to develop employee training resources and communications; and
* Analyzing the efficacy of the technologies.
* Partners with Finance, Facilities and Human Resources to analyze and model how the workforce will evolve from a remote-work standpoint.
* Partners with internal communications and HR on change management.
* Responsible for the creation and execution of remote work and telecommuting agreements; partnering with Legal as needed.
* Leads cross-functional team(s) in the establishment, planning and implementation of projects and programs.
* Evaluates and implements technology solutions for a remote/hybrid workforce.
* Develops influential visuals and stories; effectively translates data collection methodologies and analytical results into stories and presentations that help organizational leaders to understand the opportunities, most impactful findings, and to otherwise inform decision making / action-planning.
* Displays strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Operates in highly ambiguous and volatile environments susceptible to the development of difficult-to-predict, high impact and quickly evolving issues.
* Regularly presents work, recommendations, roadmaps and results to stakeholders and the company, using data to support recommendations and communicate results.
* Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business and or a related-field or a combination of equivalent education and applicable job experience.
* 5+ years of progressive experience in the areas of Project Management, Finance or Human Resources.
* 2+ years of experience in a global, corporate organization in a combination of Workforce Planning, Analytics, Finance, and/or a Consulting role.
* Exceptional accuracy and organizational skills, attention to detail required.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
* Ability to drive timely completion and closure of all projects.
* Ability to work cross-functionally and develop good working relationships across the organization.
* Excellent organizational and analytical problem-solving skills.
* Ability to develop and present a clear analysis of complex information.
* Experience with change management and employee communication.
* Ability to act as a change agent, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from design phase through to implementation.
* Strong business & financial acumen.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Excellent business judgment, problem-solving and decision-making abilities; Proven ability to think outside of the box and innovate.
* A positive approach to people and problem solutions along with a strong sense of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives.
* Strong technical skills including MS Office products; Data modeling and project management software experience preferred.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Tandem, our employees are just as important as our customers! Not only do we hire the best, we reward, develop, and retain them too. At Tandem we offer competitive compensation packages, superb medical, dental and vision, a discounted stock purchasing plan, fitness discounts, generous PTO, casual work attire and more! For a full list of benefits please review our perks page at https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/benefits.
BE YOU, WITH US!
We're always looking for awesome, forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce. We are committed to making sure our company fully reflects the diverse consumers who use our product. We are making strides towards this goal and are firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem's CCPA Notice: