Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Company
Talis aims to transform diagnostic testing by developing and commercializing innovative products that are designed to enable accurate, reliable, low cost and rapid molecular testing for infectious diseases and other conditions at the point-of-care. While timely diagnosis of infectious diseases is critically important to enable effective treatment, testing is primarily performed in centralized laboratories, which require samples to be shipped for processing, delaying the return of results by days. Point-of-care testing solves this problem by delivering the timely information necessary for clinical care.
We are developing the Talis One platform, a sample-to-answer, cloud-enabled molecular diagnostic platform that, once authorized, could be rapidly deployed to distributed diagnostic settings in the United States and around the world to diagnose infectious disease at the point-of-care. The Talis One platform comprises a compact instrument, single-use test cartridges and software, including a central cloud database, which work together and are designed to provide central laboratory levels of accuracy and be operated by an untrained user.
Talis has raised more than $500 million in the past twelve months, including a $254 million IPO. We are actively preparing for our initial product launch that tests for COVID-19 and a rapid commercial and operations scale-up.
The Manager, FP&A will be responsible for supporting all aspects of finance support for the research and development, as well as general and administrative functions of the business. This includes budgeting and forecasting, expense reporting, performance analysis, decision support and other business partnering activities. He/she will play the role of trusted influencer who drives growth, shareholder value and safeguards company assets. In addition to functional support, the candidate will be expected to play a key role in building and maintaining the Company's financial planning systems, processes and consolidated reporting deliverables.
The ideal candidate will be a proven individual contributor with a track record of driving to create an impact in the relationship with business partners and will have demonstrated management potential. The role also requires an ability to be adaptable to fast changing business/operational conditions. The position reports to the Sr. Director of Financial Planning and collaborates closely with other members of accounting and finance.
* Finance business partner for research and general and administrative areas
* Coordinates the annual budgeting and rolling forecast process; measures forecast accuracy, drives process improvement initiatives, as well as provides trend and variance analysis
* Collaborates with accounting, other members of finance, and the business to develop consolidated reporting and executive dashboards
* Develops business cases and other decision-support analyses
* Leverages business, financial, and systems knowledge to generate business insights, and identify opportunities
Education, Knowledge & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required; MBA strongly preferred
* CMA and/or MBA preferred
* Minimum 5-7 years' experience in Finance; preferably in diagnostics, medical device or biotech
* Modeling experience with enterprise planning tools required, Oracle / Netsuite Planning experience preferred
* Hands-on ERP experience required; Netsuite experience preferred
* Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modeling skills
* Proficiency in forecasting and analysis concepts with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
* Analytical background as it pertains to identifying and explaining variances, and other financial drivers to finance and business leaders
* Self-directed and eager to grow and adapt in a changing and fast-paced environment with multiple projects and priorities under tight timelines
* Proven ability to translate technical concepts and policy into execution focused on process improvement
* Ability to effectively interact with, and influence, business partners, other functions, and senior leaders
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing to all levels within the organization
Talis offers a comprehensive health and well-being benefits programs, long-term equity incentives, time-off policies, a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an immediate Company match, Education Assistance Program, a rotating suite of snacks, Monday breakfasts, Happy Hours, other fun company events and more! Best of all, join us by working at a growing company like Talis with dedicated and collaborative employees committed to making a difference in Health Care.
Talis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.