District Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: District Sales Manager
Reports to: National Sales Director
Location: West Coast
Talis is an exciting biomedical company that just completed an IPO on February 12, 2021! We have developed an innovative, proprietary, point-of-care molecular diagnostics platform. We have also recently developed a rapid COVID-19 assay test that runs on this platform. Enabling rapid testing across a wide range of healthcare settings, Talis is growing quickly. Come and join us to make a significant impact during this public health crisis and beyond. Contribute and be a significant team member as we develop other assays and launch other pipeline products in the infectious disease area.
Our visionary team combines depth of experience with passion to deliver. Our pioneering tests are designed to enable caregivers to quickly detect infectious organisms and enable individualized care. From the doctor's office to the hospital bedside, to remote care settings, we are re-defining the treatment of infectious diseases.
Talis is committed to excellence in advancing improved health outcomes. This commitment, along with a dynamic team culture, drives our mission to develop and commercialize novel approaches.
The District Sales Manager's primary responsibility will be the day-to-day oversight and management of a team of Territory Account Managers. This role requires a thorough understanding of the Talis One Platform, COVID-19 assay, and our value proposition as it relates to each of the segments we engage. The candidate must possess a strong understanding of the diagnostic landscape. As a valued leader within the organization, the District Sales Manager will take part in helping to revolutionize diagnostic medicine at the point-of-care in the fight against infectious disease while building a culture of collaboration and support in line with our values. The candidate will lead a team of talented sales professionals who will be empowering customers across the continuum of care with the Talis One Platform. The ideal candidate will offer mentorship, leadership, and the provision of resources needed to ensure sales excellence. To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to work closely with each Territory Account Manager to ensure they are maximizing their time with customers, meeting, or exceeding management objectives and/or sales quotas, exhibiting the desired behaviors, and actively working on their pipelines. This role will also be instrumental in helping to craft and execute sales initiatives within their region periodically. Considering the team-centered selling approach our sales organization relies on, the District Sales Manager will assist in facilitating and coordinating sales efforts between their team, the Enterprise Sales Executives, and our internal partners on the Customer Success team. Larger deals such as those in the employer or health system segment will demand a top-down, bottom-up approach to accelerate the sales cycle. The successful candidate must also collaborate and interact frequently with our Sales Operations team to leverage key tools/insights that will help facilitate proper oversight of critical sales metrics. The District Sales Manager will adhere to relevant Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
* Manage a team of Territory Account Managers comprising the Direct Sales Team in a defined region.
* Function as a liaison between the Direct Sales Team and the National Sales Director, providing essential customer feedback and competitive intelligence.
* Engage customers in multiple centers of excellence to identify, engage and develop Key Opinion Leaders in conjunction with the Territory Account Manager.
* Leverage Sales Force CRM to ensure the team is being productive, hitting daily/weekly/monthly sales activity benchmarks, and actively developing their respective sales funnels.
* Capitalize on pre-existing relationships with customers in multiple segments to scale the business and drive volume as expediently as possible.
* Must work synergistically with internal partners to execute sales initiatives and provide their team direction to meet Company goals.
* Be responsive and nimble when dealing with the demands of both internal and external customers.
* Candidates will need to demonstrate strong leadership traits, a desire to mentor, develop, and coach their Territory Account Managers, and hold each team member accountable for their performance.
* As our menu continues to grow and evolve, the District Sales Manager will be expected to possess extensive product knowledge thereby serving as a subject matter expert for their team and our customers.
* Must provide proof of record of accomplishment of sales excellence in leadership or individual contributor role.
* The District Sales Manager must possess great attention to detail, the ability to prioritize competing interests among their team, and provide coaching as needed.
* Must be adaptable, capable of dealing with ambiguity given the entrepreneurial nature of the organization, resilient, possess excellent business acumen, and the ability to manage/prioritize competing interests.
* Must always conduct themselves in an ethical manner, represent the Company with integrity and professionalism, and exercise good judgment.
* Overnight travel may vary but candidate should be willing to travel 40-50% of the time.
Education, Knowledge & Experience
* Bachelor's degree with 10+ years sales experience and a proven record of accomplishment of superior sales performance
* Relevant experience in clinical diagnostics
* Self-motivated, highly driven, independent problem solver and creative
* Must provide examples of functioning in a leadership capacity
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Networking skills to grow the business and develop KOLs
* Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
* Prior experience selling to both the acute and non-acute segments such as Hospitals, Urgent Care, Primary Care, OB/GYN, and Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facilities. Experience selling into Health Systems is a plus.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications and CRM tools
* Previous management experience a plus but not required
Talis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, stock options, a 401(k) program with immediate Company match, a rotating suite of snacks, Monday breakfasts, Happy Hours, other fun company events and more! Best of all, join us by working at a growing company like Talis with dedicated and collaborative employees committed to making a difference in Health Care.
Talis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.