Senior Technical Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. More than 5 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
We are looking for a technical, Senior Product Manager who will lead software engineering initiatives, to achieve our mission to unlock financial access, choice, and control for the underserved. This role will lead a team to deliver the platforms and tools that form the foundation of future financial services, empower developers, and extend access globally.
What You'll do
* Lead product strategy and execution for technically complex initiatives (e.g. platform distribution, core global services, integration of new data sources), that impact global engineering hubs
* Lead engineering squads to align, prioritize, and execute roadmap against KPIs
* Drive alignment with a cross functional group of stakeholders including Credit, Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Legal
* Collaborate with the broader PM community on strategy, dependencies, and creating a center of excellence
* Map the interdependencies between multiple services and build roadmaps that incorporate impacts to each
* Share product and technical architecture insights and best practices with the broader product guild to help evangelize platform principle
* Develop product specs that minimize assumptions and ambiguity for developers
* Global travel may be required
* 3 - 5+ years product experience in technical product management
* Consumer mobile, emerging markets, fintech/payments experience a plus
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline
* Curiosity, empathy for engineers, and passion for emerging technologies
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* The ability to build the business case for technical improvements
* Effective communicator that listens, motivates, and inspires with strong cross-functional leadership and understanding
* Fluency in Agile practices, and defining testing plans and success metrics
* Comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with distributed teams
* Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of 'user first'
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we're proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.