Senior Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Marketing Manager
* Are you goal oriented, project-focused, with a love for planning and a knack for teamwork?
* Are you passionate about leading cross functional teams to achieve a common goal?
* Can you drive projects to success driving revenue KPIs and accountability?
* Are you an experienced marketing manager looking for a rewarding job where you can thrive?
If this sounds like you, we've got your perfect job.
Welcome to TakeLessons. Here, you get the chance to expand your career in an exciting workplace that prioritizes creativity and ingenuity. You'll lead the achievement of the company's marketing and brand initiatives, while helping develop powerful solutions that launch us to the next level.
We're at a critical stage in our growth, watching usage skyrocket, and constantly brainstorming ways to reshape our brand so it can scale like crazy. This is a huge opportunity to grow alongside an expanding company, where you can make a measurable impact.
At its core, this role is much more than managing projects. It's about maximizing the focus of the entire TakeLessons team to ensure the business is obtaining its desired outcomes.
In the role of the Senior Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for owning, planning, and managing marketing plans to achieve specific goals. You will work with the VP of Revenue, contributing to strategic planning and then lead the detailed planning and execution across cross-functional teams.
Here's how it works:
TakeLessons is used by millions of people each month to find and book education services and take online classes. We have two products: first, a matching marketplace where customers find and book their perfect instructor - both in-person (locally) and online. Second, an online in group class product called TakeLessons Live where customers can access live, interactive classes from wherever they are, on any device, and get the help they need.
Our Senior Marketing Manager will work with our internal team, contractors, and agencies to ensure our marketing and revenue initiatives are successfully completed and then work with the VP of Revenue to provide the reporting and metrics showing the successful attainment of our objectives.
What your day looks like:
Your day consists of mission-critical tasks, decisions, and direction that shapes brand and marketing execution. You may find yourself working on things like:
* Creating project plans and strategies that align with specific goals and objectives and keep our team hitting projected targets
* Ensuring our project plans are properly resourced and that clear communication exists within our teams
* Reporting progress and statuses to the VP of Revenue and Executive team on a regular basis
* Analyzing reporting and analytics and working with the VP of Revenue to continually improve our marketing and revenue strategies on an ongoing basis.
* Working with our engineering team to ensure revenue impacting website changes are completed
* Working with our SEO agency to continually improve our visibility and quality of traffic, leading to revenue growth
* Working with our Paid team to find new and profitable paid advertising streams to help us expand
* Work with our creative team and VP of Revenue to strengthen TakeLessons brand exposure and positioning
* Work with contractors and team members to evolve our organic and paid social media strategies and execution
* Work within our analytics, BI tools and other reporting software to create forecasts and strategies to help us plan for future growth of the business
In your role, you will work with our internal team of contractors and agencies to ensure our strategies become reality, and you will report to and work closely with the VP of Revenue.
You will be responsible for ensuring strategies are implemented through all teams. One example includes working alongside our Content Manager to execute a large-scale content calendar, helping to measure, analyze, and improve project performance in order to reach and surpass our quarterly targets.
If you believe you can nail all the above, you're likely an incredible individual, which brings us to an important question:
Why should you work with us?
At TakeLessons, the mission is to inspire the world to connect, explore what's possible, achieve results, and build a better tomorrow. To do this, we've created a top education site for lifelong learning. Even better, we get to help instructors make a better living doing what they love. We all know how hard it is for teachers to make money, but with TakeLessons, they can teach their passion and get paid doing it! Check out some of the unsolicited comments we've gotten from our teachers (scroll down to the part 'What Teachers Have to Say') You can see some press about us here.
Not only will you be working with an organization that's doing good work in the world, we also value a high-achieving, friendly, fun, and productive workplace. You will work alongside an open-minded, creative team that prioritizes collaboration while remaining laser focused on ways we can improve.
If you find a cool new tool or service that will really benefit the company, let's use it! If you come up with a new idea or a better way to do something, let's talk about it! We have a fun and smart group that loves to figure out creative and efficient ways to get things done.
Why the mission matters
Back in 2008, we had an idea to build technology that helps teachers and artists make a better living doing what they want to do.
Fast forward to today, we've taught millions lessons, and each month more than 2 million people use TakeLessons. The company has expanded to include music, languages, tutoring, hobbies, and more. We have also expanded the technology so you can take an online lesson and access live classes from anywhere in the world.
We're humbled to say our business matters to the thousands of instructors that make a living on the platform. And that it matters to the tens of thousands of people who take lessons with us each month; who learn, who grow, and who create a more fulfilling life for themselves and their family.
Our business matters to our society. In a world where education is so critical to one's success, we have a personal goal to positively impact millions of users through a better way to learn.
And our business matters to our employees, too. We believe that providing a positive culture where our people can do enjoyable work - work that matters - with cool people, in a stable company, and be paid well, is a worthy goal to shoot for.
Here are the essential duties and responsibilities
* You will be responsible for website, mobile, and app content. While we have specialists for sales copy, you will be responsible for the remaining content including general site copy, FAQ's, about us pages, teacher profile best practices, blog articles, and other forms of copy.
* You will be responsible for working with a sales copywriter and designer to craft external-facing copy including infographics, PR, email templates, social posts, and articles. You will also write scripts for video production.
* You will be responsible for learning the TakeLessons brand, including voice, tone, imagery, positioning, and customer insights. You will then use this knowledge to ensure the site's messaging is congruent, consistent, and on brand.
* You will be responsible for crafting and executing on a quarterly and yearly content marketing plan that drives brand awareness, traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
* You will be responsible for reporting on a regular basis to the VP Revenue and Executive Team on the success of the content program.
* You will be responsible for building and managing the deliverables and relationships of external contractors, freelancers, and agencies.
So, what do you think? Does this suit you? If so, here are the details:
* This is a remote position. If you are located in San Diego, you are also free to come into the office once we're open back up from COVID.
Type of Employment
* Full-time only, salary
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or a related field
* 5 years of experience in project management, product management or growth marketing
* High preference given if you have experience working at an SaaS, technology, or product-based company
* Deep understanding of digital marketing including SEO, Adwords, Paid Advertising, Email Marketing, Social Media
* Deep understanding of analytics, BI / Reporting and KPI analysis
* Strong leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills. Experience managing external freelance resources is key
* Ownership mentality is a plus, with the ability to own your role and take full responsibility for reaching a result
* Incredible speed and attention to detail
* Preference given if you have experience with websites that have scaled to 3,000,000+ active users per month
Salary and Benefits
* Competitive Pay: We are looking for the right person, and will pay appropriately for her or him
* Access to full benefits: We have full health care, optional vision and dental, and a 401K
* Stock Options: Each employee qualifies for stock options. Our goal is to make them worth a lot of money.
* Being a part of an exciting tech company: We're a bit older than most fledgling startups, but don't let that fool you. We think of ourselves as a startup: fast moving, fail a lot, try things, no offices, no corporate BS, etc. But, since we've been around, we've found product-market fit and lowered the risk factors of a normal startup. That means you get the best of both worlds - a fiery startup feel with the security of knowing we're on the right track.
* Freedom: Most of us work standard hours (8:00-ish to 6:00-ish), but we don't micro-manage. At the end of the day, you will be judged by the work you produce and the health of your team, not by the number of Slack messages you send.
* Working with great people: When you strip away all the benefits, all the tech stacks, and all the roadmaps, it's really about the people. What you'll find is that TakeLessons is filled with hardworking, honest, friendly, people who are here to build something great with their teammates.
Ready to apply?
Great! We can't wait to meet you. Here are the next steps:
All applicants must apply online at: https://takelessons.com/about/careers#join
* No phone calls or agencies please
* Sponsorship not available
* We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diverse backgrounds