Sr. Supply Chain Planner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Supply Chain Planner in our Thousand Oaks office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
The Supply Planning Team is responsible for the planning / scheduling of manufacturing activities required to produce life sustaining medicines at Takeda's Thousand Oaks Manufacturing Facility.
As part of this team, the Sr Supply Chain Planner will create and maintain the production plan for a portion of the site's manufacturing activities.
* This position is required to prioritize and ensure timely release of bulk pack and finish goods based on the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and the Distribution Plan.
* Create production plan including inspection, assembly, bulk pack and finish goods. Ensure timely bulk/final product shipments to other Takeda facilities and LOCs and/or to defined warehouse(s) per committed plan. This is a cross functional role with high interaction and collaboration with essential stakeholders to the MPS to ensure execution (manufacturing, QA groups, analysts, master planners).
* Identify and escalate the impact of supply plan deviations as well as determine Supply Chain Master Planners/Analysts and recommend the best course of action. Evaluate and implement supply chain process changes as requested by stakeholders.
* Review the detailed production plan for different production step(s) -Inspection, assembly, packaging - at a defined frequency (i.e. daily/weekly) that is in alignment with master production schedule (MPS) and/or allocation plan by factoring in plant capacity and efficiency.
* Ensure alignment of product plan with forecast and current outlook. Report variances to the supply chain/planning lead.
* Issue and maintain work orders in ERP system. Ensure timely creation and closure of all
* work orders by using a metrics driven performance measures and driving accountability thru team members.
* Reconcile and maintain code level inventory status to meet business needs.
* Ensure Quality release is in alignment with the expected release dates of the product (s) and/or shipment schedule prior to locking down the weekly/monthly plan for releases outside of the normal release time (i.e. expedited).
* Ensure flawless coordination and timely delivery of the product shipment between plants, CMO site (s) and/or shipment of finished goods to desired warehouse per committed plan.
* Expert in Monthly Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP) process and maintain accurate capacity model for all production steps.
* Support flawless execution on product launches in new countries (geographic expansion) and/or product enhancements.
* Review to ensure data for planned outlook and financial forecast/budget is accurate prior to turning into Finance.
* Strong working knowledge and understanding of ERP system usage as needed.
* Act as a primary contact for planned sample requirements and/or planned stability study requirement.
ANALYSIS & REPORTING
* Establish, review and report accurate supply chain key business metrics (i.e. MPS/Lead time/ship fulfilment, product/shipment schedule adherence, work order timely creation and closure, inventory metrics) on a required frequency (i.e. daily/weekly).
* Review and communicate plant capacity to master planner(s) and/or global supply analyst(s), manage product conversions, and/or new production introductions independently.
* Flawless management of product inventory at every step of production. Escalate and take an action on slow moving inventory, phantom inventory, excess inventory
* Report all deviations from the committed timelines and raise the flag to the supply chain/supply planning lead.
* Analyze complex data with the understanding of trade-offs between different business objectives and present recommendations to management.
* Develop and implement efficient work streams within supply chain value stream by leading continuous improvement projects, supporting initiatives, and/or playing an active role in process harmonization team(s).
* Participate in daily production Tier 2 and escalate supply chain issues to supply chain/planning lead.
* Participate in BOM changes.
* Participate as an active supply chain team member on plant project teams, clinical projects, tech transfer projects, and product launches.
* Participate in special projects and/or other relevant work, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (Business, Supply Chain, STEM, or Accounting / Finance preferred)
* Associate's degree and minimum 8 years of Supply Chain or related technical experience
* Minimum five years Supply Chain or related experience (biotech manufacturing, etc.)
* Proficient quantitative skills experienced in data management, analytics, and/or reporting.
* Biotech / Pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry experience.
* Experience working in a manufacturing environment
* MBA and/or APICS Certification a plus
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
* 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
* Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
* Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
* Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
* Community Outreach Programs
This job posting exclude Colorado applicants.
USA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho Conejo