Scientist I Cell Therapy Process Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I Cell Therapy Process Development at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist I in Process Development, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
* Designing and optimizing upstream and downstream manufacturing process for cell products
* SOPs preparation for GMP manufacturing
* Coordinate tech transfer of designed manufacturing processes
* Production of cells for preclinical studies
* Design and execute evaluation studies of new technologies for cell therapy product manufacturing
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
* Expertise to execute, collaborate and manage the studies to support cell process development, optimization and characterization for cell therapy internally and with external CMO/CROs
* Experience isolating cells from primary human tissues and from heterogenous cell suspensions
* Demonstrated expertise in human cell culture.
* Experience culturing stem cells and iPSC highly desirable
* Expertise in differentiation protocols to neuronal subtypes, maintenance of neurospheres and/or primary stem cell types is a plus
* Experience in cell characterization: flow cytometry, gene expression analysis
* Experience in GMP process for cell therapy products
* Experience preparing SOPs
Decision-making and Autonomy
* Independently designs experiments, manages own workload, analyses and interprets data
* Scientifically independent and keeps up to date with the latest scientific and technical literature
* Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
* Manages partnerships with external collaborators
* Engages with experts in the field through partnership activities and attendance at scientific conferences
* Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
* PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or
* MS with 6+ years experience, or
* BS with 8+ years experience
* Experience of more than 3 years with GMP manufacturing of cell-based products.
* Experience with installation and validation activities of equipment.
* Ability to support technology transfer activities in the cell therapy field.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
* 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Company match of charitable contributions
* Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
* Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
* Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA